Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Bobby Davro

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Bobby Davro

I know from previous conversations on here there are quite a few big Bobby Davro fans.

1_The-Butterfly-Ball-Lancaster-Hotel-London-20-Nov-2010.jpg

The news came as something of a shock to me but delighted to see him engaged to his partner of 12 years.

Congratulations Bobby from all on NSC.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Bobby Davro's greatest hit.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Never mind the actual story, that is an AWFUL website to try and use on a mobile device!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Not making a judgement on his act, but he's one of 80s comedians who would still get on the telly if he dropped 5% of it.

He is a very very good impressionist.

A number of these acts could learn from the great Ronnie Corbett who was savvy enough to know he had to move with the times and ends up performing with Ricky Gervais and Ben Elton. Les Dennis being another example.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bugger I thought this was going to be a thread about the entertainer on Crodo’s next World Cruise and how much he was looking forward to it :wink:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Bobby Davro

I know from previous conversations on here there are quite a few big Bobby Davro fans.

1_The-Butterfly-Ball-Lancaster-Hotel-London-20-Nov-2010.jpg

The news came as something of a shock to me but delighted to see him engaged to his partner of 12 years.

Congratulations Bobby from all on NSC.

Previous conversations must have been lost during the NSC platform migration, which is a real shame, hopefully this thread will fill that void for years to come

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Congratulations to Bobby and the big fella

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
I have to confess I still use some of his jokes at parties, like the one where I got in trouble at the local swimming baths when the 'S' fell off my pair of Speedos

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Not making a judgement on his act, but he's one of 80s comedians who would still get on the telly if he dropped 5% of it.

He is a very very good impressionist.

A number of these acts could learn from the great Ronnie Corbett who was savvy enough to know he had to move with the times and ends up performing with Ricky Gervais and Ben Elton. Les Dennis being another example.
For reasons I would rather not go into, I saw Ronny Corbett at the Kings theatre in Southsea in the very early 1980s. He was the antipathy of everything I thought was funny in comedy at the time and was absolutely brilliant.

The man was a comic genius whatever the decade/century/attitudes/culture (y)

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Bobby Davro compered and did a turn at my employers annual awards bash at Disneyland Paris back in the 90's. Didn't win anything (me, not him), but he was hilarious.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Bugger I thought this was going to be a thread about the entertainer on Crodo’s next World Cruise and how much he was looking forward to it :wink:
Funnily enough we are planning on going away with John Parrot and Bob Carolgees in June round the Med.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here