Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Bob Mortimer on WILTY

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
In a bid to lift the mood, pass the time while on the international break and also get away from the 'X or Y' threads (or the threads talking about the X or Y threads), here's 20 HILARIOUS (IMHO, like) minutes of Bob Mortimer being brilliant on Would I Lie To You.

Feel free to add more work of the great man...

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Bob Mortimer is an absolute joy. His work on WILTY is genius. The way he just ends up making David Mitchell doubt any rational thought he has about if it’s a lie or not is brilliant.

I’ve probably seen the above clips 20 plus times but i still laugh like it’s the first time I’ve seen them.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Bob Mortimer is an absolute joy. His work on WILTY is genius. The way he just ends up making David Mitchell doubt any rational thought he has about if it’s a lie or not is brilliant.

I’ve probably seen the above clips 20 plus times but i still laugh like it’s the first time I’ve seen them.
One of my favourite things is the names he comes up with :lolol:

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
You know when the kids find something funny these days they’ll write ‘can’t breathe’ - I finally understood this phrase when I first listened to Bob’s owl story, I think I only stopped laughing when it suddenly dawned on me that I would keel over if I didn’t get some air in.

National treasure

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
He is brilliant - I agree completely about the name creation, the effect he has on David Mitchell….it’s the seemingly effortless creative genius …..his stories seem to just float around from one random concept to another - I haven’t watch the clips in this thread yet but will know most of them I’m sure - amongst my faves is the one where he’s describing the game truth or shrubbery(or something like that) - set in Middlesboro’ and involving some of his imaginatively named pals……
can‘t wait to sit down and enjoy in a bit.
A very funny man - I also loved his lockdown creation ‘Train Guy’

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Would I Lie To You is one of my favourite chill out programmes.
Yes, brilliant.

Taskmaster is my favourite though. It has all my favourite things in it, including a house near one of my favourite parts of the Thames, and the lovely interlude music. And the 'little Alex Hall' gag, with the puppet being the actual puppet master. The more he is bullied the more he wins, because it is his show, his script, and his royalties. :love:

I hope all is tolerable, if not entirely reasonable, in your world, by the way :thumbsup:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I hope he’s feeling better now.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Thank you for this thread, just been reduced to tears laughing at these again despite watching them god know how many times! Love the man.
That was the intention because that's pretty much what I did while I watched them. And thank you to the YouTube algorithm, which suggested that video after whatever I was watching before!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
He is brilliant - I agree completely about the name creation, the effect he has on David Mitchell….it’s the seemingly effortless creative genius …..his stories seem to just float around from one random concept to another - I haven’t watch the clips in this thread yet but will know most of them I’m sure - amongst my faves is the one where he’s describing the game truth or shrubbery(or something like that) - set in Middlesboro’ and involving some of his imaginatively named pals……
can‘t wait to sit down and enjoy in a bit.
A very funny man - I also loved his lockdown creation ‘Train Guy’
Theft or shrubbery. Yeah, I've watched a load of WILTYs recently and no-one quite has the nack of fooling David Mitchell like Bob. His two 'egg' stories are classics :lolol:

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I recently read Bob's autobiography. Without giving too much away he didn't come through a traditional showbiz route and has had a really interesting life.
I highly recommend it. It will make you laugh and cry
His novel The Satsuma Complex is also worth a read. It had me laughing out loud reading it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here