Bob Hoskins RIP

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Dumb people bounce old news so it gets into top 10 most read on eg BBC website, then dumber people don't see the old date and start to spread 'the news' and before you know it 100millon hits and everyone is in a race to say (in a me me me manner) 'so and so has died'. This is factually correct in fairness. But you don't half look an arse if you're the 'first with the breaking news' :) Like the OP here.
He'll be telling us Keith Harris has died soon as that is number 10 currently. Sympathies to Orville and Cuddles.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
2njkk1y.png

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Very sad news, got to feel for his family , suffering again only two years after it happened before.

Exactly this. To happen to that poor family once is bad enough but twice? What are the chances? What horrific luck. Put's tomorrow's game into perspective. Perhaps a minutes silence before kick off?

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I thought the recent performance of Hugh Laurie in "The Night Porter" on BBC had distinct echoes, particularly the closing scene in the back of the van, to Hoskins' bravura portrayal of a doomed man in the closing credits of "The Long Good Friday". THAT was one of the best bits of acting I've ever seen.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Before he died the first time, he lived up the road from me in Chiddingly..............

Did indeed. My Mrs used to serve him in the Horam bakers when she was a kid (she wasn't my Mrs then, just to confirm.)

What is it with this new thing of announcing deaths that happened years ago?
Popped up on FB yesterday, was reading all the nice comments about him then saw date of BBC posting was 2014. No idea why these celeb. deaths keep reappearing - I blamed the Beeb.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports