Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bob from Sompting, BBC Sussex contributor

D

Deleted User X18H

Good luck with that. Over the years, they have let Neil Kane, Timmy and FG amongst others on air continually to continue their puerile trolling on a different medium. I think they are just glad that someone has phoned them.

Timmy ?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It's farcical that they keep saying things like 'don't bother to text in if you are going to be so negative'. They are the broadcaster, they control what they read out.

To be fair, when you are sat in the studio and the texts come in, there is a screen that appears in front of you and to keep it real, you read them all out. We didn't used to care if they were negative or not. If that is what people are saying, who are the BBC or talk sport or whoever to refuse them an opinion.

Anyone remember the guy from haywards Heath who used to ring in every week moaning and groaning....we were up at Guildford one afternoon...playing port vale away I think...anyway, this character kept phoning in telling the producers to stop hawsey reading out goal flashes from other games. Seemly he liked the suspense of waiting to 5 o'clock for all the results together...<sigh>

D

Deleted User X18H

Who was the chap who came on most weeks when Harty was doing it sounded like a snob or similar from the Lewes area.

Reading earlier posts found him Hugo.
Hugo was an absolute tool. Back in the day he was a claims broker for Willis. When I was a claims broker for Bain Hogg/Aon. And also a tool.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
To be fair, when you are sat in the studio and the texts come in, there is a screen that appears in front of you and to keep it real, you read them all out. We didn't used to care if they were negative or not. If that is what people are saying, who are the BBC or talk sport or whoever to refuse them an opinion.

Anyone remember the guy from haywards Heath who used to ring in every week moaning and groaning....we were up at Guildford one afternoon...playing port vale away I think...anyway, this character kept phoning in telling the producers to stop hawsey reading out goal flashes from other games. Seemly he liked the suspense of waiting to 5 o'clock for all the results together...<sigh>

Yes that's true I suppose. However I reckon it's a palace troll as he never had a positive word so I would ignore him.

I remember the Haywards Heath bloke and the scores, what a numpty!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
BBC Sussex need an "ignore " list like NSC, It works a treat for me as I am then spared Hove Bald & Unread's meaningless " Look at me " gush.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yes that's true I suppose. However I reckon it's a palace troll as he never had a positive word so I would ignore him.

I remember the Haywards Heath bloke and the scores, what a numpty!

One of the best ones I ever did with Harty....the phone in was about half way through and this guy phoned in who sounded ok, but there was a hell of a din in the background. Harty off air asked Sophia the producer what the background noise was and she didn't know...I asked the guy, on the phone where was he....he said he was a farmer and the din was his flock all having lambs at that moment. We had to go to a recorded interview as we were both killing ourselves laughing and tears running down our faces.

The other one was three fabulous women giving us all cards to the local lap dancing club...and trying to give them to the players as they came out of the changing rooms. That was also net with hilarity that a few people contacted us after the phone in to find out what was all the laughing about.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I Just got a thumbs up from Ernest :lolol:

Evening matey. Keep at it. You crack me up (most of the time) :kiss:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham