Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bob booker biography

Greville Waterman

Aug 3, 2016
Bob did his Mercury at the council offices when Peter Taylor was manager. Taylor was that embarrassed that he told DK of his resignation on the spot. Micky was manager when they did their bit on the Hove Town Hall balcony.View attachment 85980

Greta picture. Could I use it in the book and if so who should be credited. I have heard chapter and verse about BB's Freddie Mercury impression from the man himself and Dick Knight - apparently Peter Taylor had left before it happened.

Greville Waterman

Aug 3, 2016
This is great and many thanks. Any more memories welcomed as well as any thoughts about how Bob survived for so long and managed to gain the trust and respect of 6 different managers - only one of whom had actually hired him.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Just got my copy. Really good stuff and there's plenty of things that I didn't know in there. And the Brentford and Sheffield United stuff is interesting even if you have no particular love for either club.

Greville knows his stuff and is a great Brentford enthusiast, which comes over in the book. A really good read.

But blimey, Sheffield United have had some desperate kits.

Greville Waterman

Aug 3, 2016
It would be great to know if anyone has finished the book and what they think of it.

Hope to see some of you with Bob and Mark McGhee at The Komedia next Wednesday evening.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just ordered, will report back once read. Currently working my way through a Robert Jordan so might be a while yet.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I've just finished this book and really enjoyed it.
I found all the stuff about Brentford and Sheffield United as interesting as when he finally made it down to Sussex.
Would recommend, especially to anyone who remembers football before Sky TV bought the rights.

Greville Waterman

Aug 3, 2016
Really pleased and proud to get a review of the Bob Booker biography in When Saturday Comes this month! I hope this persuades some Albion fans to get it for Christmas from Amazon or City Books Screen Shot 2017-12-05 at 07.53.58.pngor put it on their present list!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here