Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boaty McBoatface... Only in the UK would this happen.

His suggestion, but he admitted that he actually voted for RRS David Attenborough.

That would be my vote, or possibly "Clifford the Big Red Boat" which I thought was another excellent one (won't mean anything unless you had youngsters who watched CBeebies).

Daily Mash or possibly NewsThump, had an excellent if a trifle rude suggestion for a name for our beloved Chancellor based on this.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
It's worth remembering that NSC has a long and rich history of rigging internet polls.

Vicky Peck being voted Miss Scunthorpe (Miss Scunny Honey) does come to mind here.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
My favourite story for years! Just cracks me up. I hope they play along and do something like paint it on the life-raft at least.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
From the Independent today

To its credit, a zoo in Tasmania stayed true to its word when it allowed a local primary school to sponsor – and name – its star emu. A sign on the giant bird's enclosure introduces it as Spazzy McGee. Less is known about the owl enclosure that went viral in 2013 when a photo showed that one of its birds had been adopted and named by Lee Dixon. It was: Hooty McOwlface. The ex-Arsenal footballer of the same name (Lee Dixon) initially denied any involvement but later, either in a fit of honesty or an attempt to kill the story, he tweeted: “Ok ok it was me. I named Hooty! I was trying to keep it quiet. Now please just let it go. Blinding name though!”

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
So, is Boaty McBoatface from a kids' book, or just made up for the vote? There should be more names like that.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

Attachments

• Boaty 11.jpg
    Boaty 11.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 175

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
[tweet]711962085320728576[/tweet]

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
RRS I Like Big Boats and I Cannot Lie

RRS What Iceberg?

RRS It's Bloody Cold Here

All genuine suggestions; all with over 1000 votes. Genius!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If Sir David has an OUNCE of self respect, he'll change his name by deed poll to Sir Boaty McBoatface.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here