Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BNS Pubs

dylan_bha

Sep 21, 2004
LA
Anyone know of the best away friendly pubs around BNS on Saturday? We get in at 09:45 so will have plenty of time to check them out!!

WednesburyBaggie

Jan 17, 2010
The Newt is popular with away fans .It's situated under the ramp as you come out of New St Station .There's a lot more around though .

Newt and Cucumber, Birmingham, West Midlands, B2 4PY - pub details # beerintheevening.com

Here's some information that I posted on a travel thread that may prove useful when you travel to the ground .

This is a tip for those people travelling from New St to Villa Park .Only two trains an hour run from New St to Witton on the Walsall line . However , if you take the Cross City line ,trains run every ten minutes .This service is more frequent but you have to get off at Aston ( ten minutes walk to the stadium ) instead of the following station Witton ( five minutes walk to the stadium ) . This information might be more useful for supporters that have to get back to New St sharpish for connecting trains after the game .Aston station is before Witton so your tickets will be valid .

These are the wonderful views you will be getting on the short train ride from New St to Aston .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfCavORQ4ps&translated=1

The Briar Rose, a Wetherspoons, is a good bet otherwise. £2.99 for a breakfast and plenty of cheap-as-chips beer. Exit New Street at the green cross and it's about a five-minute walk (it's not as far up the road as the 'A').

The blue cross marks a quality little burger/kebab/fried chicken place. :thumbsup:

map.jpg

dylan_bha

Sep 21, 2004
LA
Cool thanks guys. As the advance party I feel a bit responsible for finding a half decent boozer for the 25 of us meeting up!!

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
9.45? Straight to Spoons then. 10 minute walk from Station - tops. Then onto the Yard of Ale, always like it in there, £2 a pint / £2 a shot. :drink:. Try to avoid The Newt, it's a f***ing nightmare when Villa are at Home. 3 deep at the bar. Not fun. :drink:

Oh, and if you do go in Spoons take note of how LONG the bar is..incredible.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
No weatherspoons allows U18s in after 5pm in Birmingham!
Found that out at walsall, which left me and another fairly limited to spend 3 hours after the game. Am i correct in thinking thats not the case for other towns/cities? Im sure i've had no trouble before getting in after a game. (Im 17)

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
No weatherspoons allows U18s in after 5pm in Birmingham!
Found that out at walsall, which left me and another fairly limited to spend 3 hours after the game. Am i correct in thinking thats not the case for other towns/cities? Im sure i've had no trouble before getting in after a game. (Im 17)

Was in there after WBA away last season with 2 mates (1 was 16, 1 was 22) :shrug:

What the boozer or the kebab place?

What I was thinking. :lolol:

simon195

Sep 11, 2007
Cool thanks guys. As the advance party I feel a bit responsible for finding a half decent boozer for the 25 of us meeting up!!

Apart from witherspoons do you know any other pubs where under 18s can get in ??

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Apart from witherspoons do you know any other pubs where under 18s can get in ??

If you're U18, and are with a group of U18's, I'd reccomend a Snooker Club, about 2 minute walk from New Street. £1 entry, don't bother with I.D, never had any bother in there. £2.50 a beer, TV's, and you can also have a game of Snooker if you wish. :D

simon195

Sep 11, 2007
If you're U18, and are with a group of U18's, I'd reccomend a Snooker Club, about 2 minute walk from New Street. £1 entry, don't bother with I.D, never had any bother in there. £2.50 a beer, TV's, and you can also have a game of Snooker if you wish. :D

im over 18 but my boys 16

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Going to one nearer the ground

dylan_bha

Sep 21, 2004
LA
We are all over 18 and really need somewhere for us all to meet up initally as we are all ariving on about 3 different trains. Once the tickets have been handed out not sure if we'll all stick together - reckon there will be any probs with us being a large group?

dylan_bha

Sep 21, 2004
LA
Because the trains were getting to be silly prices and the 05:45 out of LA was the most reasonable option.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here