Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BNP membership list leaked online

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Ulster is British last time I looked mate.

No, 2/3rds of it is in the United Kingdom, but not British - it would need to move islands for that to be the case.

1/3rd of it is in an entirely separate sovereign state, and has been since 1921.

Care to use a less inaccurate term for it in future? "Northern Ireland", or "Hideous tax money drain" work, without accidentally staking claim to three other counties.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I know thats what he said a few years back. The BNP is not just Nick Griffin. There are many within the BNP who want change. This leak of the membership list will either topple him or bolster his position. I left the BNP after the expulsion of Sharron Edwards. Who questioned his running of the party.

But that was over funds and the financial irregularties more than policies wasn't it?

Didn't she say Griffin took party money

Pork Sword

Banned
Jan 5, 2007
No, 2/3rds of it is in the United Kingdom, but not British - it would need to move islands for that to be the case.

1/3rd of it is in an entirely separate sovereign state, and has been since 1921.

Care to use a less inaccurate term for it in future? "Northern Ireland", or "Hideous tax money drain" work, without accidentally staking claim to three other counties.

You are an idiot. NO SURRENDER

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
You are an idiot. NO SURRENDER

???

You're the one without enough education to use the correct terms for somewhere.

You're welcome to keep Northern Ireland by the way, about 80% of the people are vile bigots - both sides, its extremely poor, its infrastructure is crumbling after 30 years of neglect (it appears the Republic is paying for all its new roads at this stage), and there's absolutely no jobs.

Have you actually been there?

Pork Sword

Banned
Jan 5, 2007
???

You're the one without enough education to use the correct name for somewhere.

You're welcome to keep Northern Ireland by the way, about 80% of the people are vile bigots - both sides, its extremely poor, its infrastructure is crumbling after 30 years of neglect (it appears the Republic is paying for all its new roads at this stage), and there's absolutely no jobs.

I was born in Belfast. My dad still lives in Belfast and I go 3 or 4 times a year out there. It gets better with every visit.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I was born in Belfast. My dad still lives in Belfast and I go 3 or 4 times a year out there. It gets better with every visit.

Yes, because they're finally rebuilding the bombed out buildings they couldn't afford to until recently... pity the nice new office buildings have no companies in them.

Try going out of the city. Single carriageway road to the second city. No work anywhere. Closed shops abound. Horrific quality road to the Republic which suddenly changes in to motorway at the point where my tax money started paying for it rather than yours (Newry bypass). Rail system that can't have trains faster than 70km/h for fear of derailment due to poor maintenance - despite nice new EU funded trains that can go far faster. NI needs an investment plan in the range of tens of billions to get it in to the 21st century, and it appears nobodies paying for it...

Basically, its unsustainable in its current form, and realistically unsustainable with its own government. It needs to be fully integrated with either the UK or Ireland, and I'd prefer if it was the UK as we can't afford it; and I don't want to be paying Johnny Adair - or IRA equivalents - dole.

Anyway, even if there was unification, would it be so bad? Why the "NO SURRENDER" attitude? I don't quite understand how anyone can be so polarised on a viewpoint, particularly if they've left.

Pork Sword

Banned
Jan 5, 2007
Yes, because they're finally rebuilding the bombed out buildings they couldn't afford to until recently... pity the nice new office buildings have no companies in them.

Try going out of the city. Single carriageway road to the second city. No work anywhere. Closed shops abound. Horrific quality road to the Republic which suddenly changes in to motorway at the point where my tax money started paying for it rather than yours (Newry bypass). Rail system that can't have trains faster than 70km/h for fear of derailment due to poor maintenance - despite nice new EU funded trains that can go far faster. NI needs an investment plan in the range of tens of billions to get it in to the 21st century, and it appears nobodies paying for it...

Basically, its unsustainable in its current form, and realistically unsustainable with its own government. It needs to be fully integrated with either the UK or Ireland, and I'd prefer if it was the UK as we can't afford it; and I don't want to be paying Johnny Adair - or IRA equivalents - dole.

Anyway, even if there was unification, would it be so bad? Why the "NO SURRENDER" attitude? I don't quite understand how anyone can be so polarised on a viewpoint, particularly if they've left.
#

Johnny Adair lives in Bolton.

We must not surrende to IRA filth who deliberately targeted British civilians. They must never win.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
#

Johnny Adair lives in Bolton.

We must not surrende to IRA filth who deliberately targeted British civilians. They must never win.

How about the UVF/UFF/LVF filth that deliberately targeted Irish citizens and defense forces? Car bombs outside pubs and on shopping streets aren't military targets are they? Let alone the fact they weren't even in NI.

Said IRA filth also didn't have much of a problem killing Irish defense forces when they felt they 'needed' to - they don't speak for or represent the Republic or more than a minute and reducing percentage of its population - even after apparently giving up violence, Sinn Fein are losing seats in the Republic, and are utterly discredited.

There's two sides to everything in this. As I said, I can't understand such insanely polarised views on this. Even being from Ulster - in the correct geographical term - and from a protestant family background, albeit not the common one for NI, I can't see how people can take such black and white views on it.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Great posting Coventrygull.Nice to read balanced views on this topic.:clap:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Horrific quality road to the Republic which suddenly changes in to motorway at the point where my tax money started paying for it rather than yours (Newry bypass).

Oooh, do you do driveways too? :)

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
I'm confused. One of the people on the list is an ESOL teacher, English for Speakers of Other Languages.

I'm not getting into the serious debate here, interesting though it is, just interested how this job title works in conjunction with this person's political beliefs. Anyone?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Read the thread. Its not exactly a racist row. Its more about the right of a legitimate political party to exist in a democracy. Something I am passionate about

That party happens to be vehemently racist though so no, it doesn't have a right to exist.

The far right always bleat on about democracy allowing them rights but if they had their way they would strip swathes of British people of their rights, so in short, BNP, it's apologists and all it's members can f*** off - Righ wing nazi scum the f***ing lot of 'em.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

WHOA WHOA WHOA there my friend.
I'm with you on most of your argument but this bit? FFS! Talk about pots and kettles.

Large parts of the main road from Dublin to Galway were still single carriageway until very recently. Bits of it still are.

All the decent roads in the Republic were built with EU money [ie MY taxes, not 'yours'].

And you have more or less NO train system either.

That is all, carry on...

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
???

You're the one without enough education to use the correct terms for somewhere.

You have no clue what you are talking about.

My parents are from Belfast and most of my family live there and across NI. It is aplace of enormous potential which is being rediscovered with each passing month and it gets better and better.

There are some problems, sure, the peaceline needs to come down etc but it is a good place.

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
How about the UVF/UFF/LVF filth that deliberately targeted Irish citizens and defense forces? Car bombs outside pubs and on shopping streets aren't military targets are they? Let alone the fact they weren't even in NI.

Said IRA filth also didn't have much of a problem killing Irish defense forces when they felt they 'needed' to - they don't speak for or represent the Republic or more than a minute and reducing percentage of its population - even after apparently giving up violence, Sinn Fein are losing seats in the Republic, and are utterly discredited.

There's two sides to everything in this. As I said, I can't understand such insanely polarised views on this. Even being from Ulster - in the correct geographical term - and from a protestant family background, albeit not the common one for NI, I can't see how people can take such black and white views on it.

Excellent post MYOB. And I suspect this is the majority view of most people on both sides of the border.

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes
That party happens to be vehemently racist though so no, it doesn't have a right to exist.

The far right always bleat on about democracy allowing them rights but if they had their way they would strip swathes of British people of their rights, so in short, BNP, it's apologists and all it's members can f*** off - Righ wing nazi scum the f***ing lot of 'em.

God you internet warriors are frightening. An avatar with Stallone holding a sub-machine gun and using the f word. No doubt you have a poster of Che Guevara on your wall as well and think Russell Brand is funny.

The BNP is a legitimate political party and has a right to exist in a democracy. Either we are a democracy or not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here