BNP membership list leaked online

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bullshit detector

Back in the garage
Nov 18, 2003
The BNP may want to change to look all touchy-feely but I am sure that most right-minded (let alone left) recognise what it is all about. And it may not be right and proper for the membership list to come into the public domain - but it may perhaps give them a glimpse of the potential for the intimidation they subject others to.

Yes, absolutely. I've had a fair amount of shit from them over the years - no problems from me about that, I stand up for what I believe, it goes with the territory. But publishing pictures and sometimes names and addresses of, say, middle aged anti Iraq war protestors on the 'Redwatch' site (especially given that the fash claim to be against that war too!) is well out of order - the implication there is for far right sympathisers to phone or verbally/physically assault people with no obvious connection to the anti fascist movement. The publication of the list (by a disgruntled activist it seems, not an anti fascist) is actually far less provocative than what Redwatch do every day.

Cov will say that Redwatch is nothing to do with the BNP, that the headcases have been sidelined and hate the BNP as a result. But take it from me, they are still very much on the scene, although it's true that the leadership try and keep them under wraps for tactical reasons - Colonel Blimp from Poole isn't going to stay in the party if he hears that they've smashed up the local
Indian restaurant (a favourite tactic in the old days, despite Fat Boy Webster's ability to eat the entire menu, much to the disgust of his racial comrades!)

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
As someone else who has appeared on Redwatch I echo the psoter above and DKM's comments

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I know nothing of politics but if you go back just 15 years sinn fein if im correct were basicly thought of as nothing but a hiding place for the ira and were not that popular with irish folk other than extremeists ect,now look at that party and the amount of support it has,it is amazing how it has changed itself into a serious political party that the people have realised offers more to them than violence and oppression.

I think that at the moment the ordinary bloke on the street still has this idea that the bnp is basicly a hiding place for hooligans and people with dodgy haircuts,that maybe true ,as i say im no expert but there will come a time when people will seriously start to take the bnp into consideration when they cast a vote.

As for them wanting to abolish trade unions,i think that happend about 15 years ago without anybody really noticing :thumbsup:

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
as i say im no expert but there will come a time when people will seriously start to take the bnp into consideration when they cast a vote.

As for them wanting to abolish trade unions,i think that happend about 15 years ago without anybody really noticing :thumbsup:

No need to worry if that day should ever come there will still be more than enough sensible people to fight back. Despite some apathy people are a bit more politically aware HERE than in unstable countries and far more likely to see through them as opposed to the 1930's

You might not be an expert but you obviously are aware (by your postings) that these current times are the best chance for the BNP and its factions to get its ONE and ONLY policy through to some of the public who want to find someone to blame for any woes and troubles they may have.

I suppose trawling through football boards is quite lucrative for right wing groups but on the whole most people just want to talk about the club

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think the massive problem with the BNP is that they spout utter bollocks and untruths for the most part. And yes, they are racist.

A leaflet popped through our door in a local election campaign recently claiming that, amongst other things - immigrants get a free 21" colour TV and their windows cleaned for free every 6 weeks. Well having had personal experience of our wonderful immigration system, I'm not best happy that we still haven't received our free TV yet and our windows remain filthy ;) Honestly, who makes this rubbish up ? :thud:

The party is a total joke really and is ripe for ridicule at every turn.

What a load of bollocks about getting a 21 inch TV , they get a 14 inch TV with integrated DVD. They also get nice new bedding , curtains and kitchen utensils including microwave , toaster and kettle. They get exactly the same as a 16 year old single mum and the same advice on how to claim all the benefits available to them. Social Services shop at the large supermarkets and buy all the goodies on a regular basis.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I know nothing of politics but if you go back just 15 years sinn fein if im correct were basicly thought of as nothing but a hiding place for the ira and were not that popular with irish folk other than extremeists ect,now look at that party and the amount of support it has,it is amazing how it has changed itself into a serious political party that the people have realised offers more to them than violence and oppression.

SF's support is falling, they lost seats at the last election, and their economic policies are known to be dreamland - they'll likely lose more at the local and European elections.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Is that true as when i have always voted i have just turned up and ticked the party i voted for and left . How would they know who i voted for ?? Im just a statistic shorley.
Your vote isn't a secret , when you go to vote your name is ticked off , you get a numbered ballot paper which the officials note against your name. After the votes have been counted they re-check to see who you have voted for. Voting for what is considered an extremist party gets your name on a "special" list. Data is kept to show how you vote/dont vote on a historical basis.

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Your vote isn't a secret , when you go to vote your name is ticked off , you get a numbered ballot paper which the officials note against your name. After the votes have been counted they re-check to see who you have voted for. Voting for what is considered an extremist party gets your name on a "special" list. Data is kept to show how you vote/dont vote on a historical basis.

do you have a shred of vidence to support that? i'd be astonished if it was true

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I have never in my life had a numbered ballot paper... do they have them in the UK?

I sit next to a returning officer at work - he assures me it is true and, if required, it is possible to find out who voted for which candidate.

I have never in my life had a numbered ballot paper... do they have them in the UK?

AS I outlined above Yes, and if in NI, you should have too, introduced to stop electoral fraud, otherwise, we could have loads of forms printed off and filled in by a Party and deposited in the ballot box.

I sit next to a returning officer at work - he assures me it is true and, if required, it is possible to find out who voted for which candidate.

true, but "extreme" parties are not picked up by electoral officers?

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
Anyone remember the guy who sold that dodgy kit boat thing in the Lake District?? Just found him on the list!!!

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire

Do you think I made it onto that list, too?! I s(p)oiled my ballot paper at the last general election by telling them they were all a bunch of lying, cheating *****! :eek:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
AS I outlined above Yes, and if in NI, you should have too, introduced to stop electoral fraud, otherwise, we could have loads of forms printed off and filled in by a Party and deposited in the ballot box.

I'm not in NI. Clearly we're less concerned with ballot stuffing here... seeing as we still have a serious problem of people voting in two locations (Fianna Fail is reknowned for bussing people from the country who live in Dublin back home so they can vote... leaving out the 'again' bit).

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Do you think I made it onto that list, too?! I s(p)oiled my ballot paper at the last general election by telling them they were all a bunch of lying, cheating *****! :eek:

I spoiled mine by saying "I'm voting for no-one: they're all Tories"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports