Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BNP membership list leaked online

bullshit detector

Back in the garage
Nov 18, 2003
Lol of course I do. Is he still around.

Anyway whats to giveaway

Smelly lives in Durrington with his woman now - believe it or not he's calmed down (still dreaded up though) and actually rather 'under the thumb' - can you believe that? He's well, works in the comic shop in Brighton as he has done for years, he's the manager there now. He mentioned a name which rang a bell from years ago for punk rock, Albion and political reasons and said he'd moved to Coventry.
I don't come on here much, but just had an informed guess......

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Smelly lives in Durrington with his woman now - believe it or not he's calmed down (still dreaded up though) and actually rather 'under the thumb' - can you believe that? He's well, works in the comic shop in Brighton as he has done for years, he's the manager there now. He mentioned a name which rang a bell from years ago for punk rock, Albion and political reasons and said he'd moved to Coventry.
I don't come on here much, but just had an informed guess......

Pleased to here smelly is well. Yes i am that person that he mentioned :cool:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
What about the fact it was stolen?

Exactly !

I can understand if it was all stored on something like a memory stick and left on a public bus by accident.

jfs

Jul 6, 2003
Brighton
has anyone noticed how many people on the list have surname White. are these guys so nuts they change their name in case anyone who hadn't met them might think they were not white?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
What about the fact it was stolen?

Then it's simple theft or if someone has accessed something they shouldn't have, they could possibly be prosecuted under the Computer Misuse Act issue.

The Data Protection Act applies to those who hold personal data. , to remind civil servants that they shouldn't be leaving memory sticks in pub car parks.

It came around when it was observed that a lot of electronic data about us was being stored on computers and stealing data from a computer is relatively straightforward if it isn't tied down. It's also there to ensure that we consent to data being stored and it's accurate.

If you are bored you could have wonderful fun with it (like the Freedom of Information Act), but generally it's there to protect us.

We wouldn't let banks store our money in the streets after all. Why should be allow them to sell on our bank accounts to companies wishing to sell us products ?

This is actually a very good example of why the Data Protection Act is in place. If you are going to store sensitive information about people (like political allegiance) please store it carefully because if it gets in the wrong hands, it could be used against them.

If there is a breach and the Data Commissioner decides to act, he would be doing so to protect the interests of the members of the British National Party...

.. although possibly a bit late.

Last edited:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Its worrying for any organisation if you can just walk in and still information and not get prosecuted. What about swingers clubs :D:blush:

But I thought the pampas grass in the front garden was all the information you needed there ?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I agree with what Griffin says on that statement about individuals being hounded by their employers for their political beliefs.

The data itself is "sensitive" in that it specific compilation tells you the political allegiance of an individual.

Indeed. There will be at least one ploice officer cacking himself in the morning. Apparently his name is listed along with his profession, and (I didn't know this, but) police are banned from joining the BNP. According to the news, it actually said something like "discretion required due to employer" next to his name.

Oops

Is it as simple as that ? Although millions of peoples address already exist in one form or another - it's compilation for a purpose gives it a specific meaning beyond name, address and telephone number.

The data itself is "sensitive" in that it specific compilation tells you the political allegiance of an individual. ( Racial origin and religion also come under the domain of sensitive)

Anyway - because it is sensitive, the rules on storage and use are much stronger than a simple listing in a telephone directory.

Again as far as I am aware, if they are on the electoral roll and have voted BNP. That data is obviously public domain.

We just done test caes at the LDA with Councel and our top lawyers about what questions can I ask businesses, store and release to other parties, that doesn't infringe the DPA.

Most organisations quoting that can't be released due to the DPA are frankly talking bollocks. AS long as the data isn't sensitive.

If you vote BNP or any other party, that data is recorded with your name and adress details. Voting isn't considered to be sensitive, your sexual persuassion is.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Indeed. There will be at least one ploice officer cacking himself in the morning. Apparently his name is listed along with his profession, and police are apparently banned from joining the BNP. According to the news, it actually said something like "discretion required due to employer" next to his name.

Oops

Can you be a member of any other party and still be in the Police

Mr Blunt

Apr 21, 2008
Brighton
Indeed. There will be at least one ploice officer cacking himself in the morning. Apparently his name is listed along with his profession, and (I didn't know this, but) police are banned from joining the BNP. According to the news, it actually said something like "discretion required due to employer" next to his name.

Oops

Is it the same if you vote for a Far left wing party ??

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Exactly !

I can understand if it was all stored on something like a memory stick and left on a public bus by accident.

Irrelevant. As holders of the data, the BNP were responsible for ensuring it was secure.

An Excel spreadsheet is not secure, end of - 'password protection' on one is about as effective as an open padlock. Unencrypted data is not secure.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Can you be a member of any other party and still be in the Police

I don't believe the Freemasons count as a party, do they ?

And they are most certainly not a secret society, they are a " society of secrets" :D

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Irrelevant. As holders of the data, the BNP were responsible for ensuring it was secure.

An Excel spreadsheet is not secure, end of - 'password protection' on one is about as effective as an open padlock. Unencrypted data is not secure.

Any info on the best rates for computer courses for beginners locally ? :blush:

I can see the logic in that. Still all seems a bit crazy to me though when something is actually stolen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here