BN41 Schools

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bones

Oct 25, 2006
Portslade
Totally off topic, but just looking to get some opinions from the wise people of NSC.

Currently live in BN41 postcode. Looking to move but looks like for what we want we will have to remain in BN41. The house we will next move to we plan to make the family home for many years. So the question is, what are the schools like? Primary and Senior. Are we restricted to PCC for a senior school, what other senior school options are there? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Bones

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
From a senior school perspective South Portslade (which I think is BN41) is in the catchment for Hove Park and Blatch, not PCC. Although I guess this could change in the next few years. Particularly as PCC is going to become an academy.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Primary: Both Peter Gladwin & Mile Oak are top notch

Bones

Oct 25, 2006
Portslade
From a senior school perspective South Portslade (which I think is BN41) is in the catchment for Hove Park and Blatch, not PCC. Although I guess this could change in the next few years. Particularly as PCC is going to become an academy.

Thank you. Would you say Portslade Village is South Portslade?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
my mrs is at mile oak.....top notch as said!!

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton

I think you divide it with the Old Shoreham Road... so no. But see above re. 'strictly speaking'. The six in my class that went to Hove Park ALL lived in North Portslade, as did their siblings etc who also went to the school.

I lived and went to Primary School in BN41 (Peter Gladwin but 16 years ago so no advice about it's standards now!) Nice homely little school though, I doubt that has changed. You will have to brief your kids about the dangers of Big School though, I think it is a bit quaint and I got a shock when I moved up! But at least it wasn't to PCC.

I went to Hove Park and I knew people who lived further out than Portslade Village (Applesham Way etc) who were accepted to Hove Park. I remember there was a touch of anxiety when getting my elder brother in, as 'strictly speaking' it was out of the catchment area. This may have changed? If not I think you just have to be insistent! I don't know anyone from that general part of Portslade (Fox Way to the Village) who wanted to go to Hove Park and didn't get in.

DISCLAIMER: All evidence here is anecdotal, all information is speculation! But I think you should be alright.

Last edited:

kikapu

Apr 26, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
I've got a friend who's son applied to go to Hove Park but was turned down because he had no brothers or sisters going there and is going to PCC now, they live in North Portslade (the Old Village).

The same thing happen to me 20 years ago, all because they bulit the Hangleton link road and hadn't bulit the under pass at the back of Sainsbury at the time.

:amex: :albion1: :amex:

Nov 20, 2003
hove
schools

whilst mile oak wasnt to bad pcc is just crap especially if your kid are sporting our only choice in area,so decided to get kids in to cottesmore and newman dont regret it for one minute even though you have to put up with the religious stuff.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing

Old Village is North Portslade.. or Upper Portslade if you like!
And as the other poster rightfully states, the Old Shoreham Rd is the dividing line...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports