Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bmw m3

champion7

fast and furious
Feb 12, 2007
Benfield Heights
Has any one seen the new BMW m3, rumour has it that this car can do 200mph+, what's the point when the speed limit is 70mph.
bmw-m3-450-030609.jpg

biggles

Feb 21, 2009
Has any one seen the new BMW m3, rumour has it that this car can do 200mph+, what's the point when the speed limit is 70mph.
bmw-m3-450-030609.jpg

correct there is nothing like a kia pride i mean who wants to buy german anyway

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
I'm not a fan of BMW's at all, mostly cos the majority (disclaimer that i said MOST not all) of their drivers are cocks. However M3's are the absolute dogs bollocks in terms of taking off the badge and just appreciating a fantastic car and this looks like the best of the lot.

And to be fair, if i had the money to buy one i'd definately be making the journey over to the Autobahns to make the most of 224mph!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Than answer to your original question is, there is no speed limit on many German Autobahns. It's a German car, owners over there can drive them at full speed if they have the balls and skill to do it.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I'm not a fan of BMW's at all, mostly cos the majority (disclaimer that i said MOST not all) of their drivers are cocks. However M3's are the absolute dogs bollocks in terms of taking off the badge and just appreciating a fantastic car and this looks like the best of the lot.

And to be fair, if i had the money to buy one i'd definately be making the journey over to the Autobahns to make the most of 224mph!
i had an M3 and it makes, no positively begs you to drivelike a absolute knob because its so easy to drive with its traction control etc

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Germans are a bit head-mental when it comes to cars, I worked with one who put a V6 engine in his Passat estate then uprated and lowered his suspension...it was capable of somewhere just over 150mph...which he used to do on a fairly regular basis.

It's simple really. When you're tired of doing 70 mph or less on the motorway, you can take your car and blast it round a circuit on a track day.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
what a f***ing stupid question.................

why not start a thread............why on earth does ANY car go over 70mph:dunce:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
it can do 200mph cos its made in Germany and they have Autobahns! also for the Track Day fanatics it would be cool, might take my Corolla to Brands one day and destroy it :D

adammicheal

Jan 3, 2006
I maybe wrong here butt i thought all cars imported into this country had restricters fitted stopping them going over 155mph I only say this because my boss has a AMG merc and according to his sons its restricted also his son says hias R32 is restricted as well

As i said i maybe wrong and will probably be proved wrong

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Fast cars are fun, but for anyone who sticks to the 70mph limit religiously even on an empty motorway in the middle or outside lane...get out of my f***ing way and stop acting like a self appointed policeman.

BMW's are good maybe even great cars no doubt but the fact that no bugger wants to let you out at junctions, coupled with the "look at me I've made it" image of the car would put me off ever buying one

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here