Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] B'muff's second goal

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I think Oliver should have stopped play,there was a player on the floor with what appeared to be a head injury.Thought that was the ruling?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Hindsight is a wonderful thing. We were leading 2-1, relatively comfortably and with ten minutes to go. I'm not disputing your point about Propper being tired, as probably the rest of the team were. So if Hughton had made the substitutions and fresh players had come on but were "not in the game yet" so to speak and they made an error that led to a goal, what then? Would you blame Hughton for disrupting the balance of the team? It really is a case of damned if do and damned if you don't.

The fact is a number of players made errors that led up to that goal. It was their responsibility to ensure that those errors did not occur, they didn't. You can hardly blame Hughton for that.

No, but it does seem rather silly that after 2 games in 3 days, we don't make the most of the fact you are allowed 3 subs.

The only real sub we made was enforced, Bruno for Schelotto. There were players out there on their feet, and we were reluctant to change it. Players like Kayal have proved recently they are more than capable of stepping in.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Substitutions is a real 'damned if you...' area for a manager I think. Several times I can recall I've seen us bring on fresh legs and it has disrupted the team's organisation and we have either conceded or struggled shortly after. Having said that, my brother and I both thought an obvious early'ish 2nd half sub should have been Kayal for Stephens, as he looked like the weak link in defensive midfield yesterday, and I think we needed Kayal's tackling and tenacity in the center as this was the area where B'mouth were putting us under a lot of pressure when they were attacking.

el punal

Jesus christ, Hughton has been brilliant for us but he is not above criticism. You only have to look at the stats to see that he is reluctant to make changes or change tactics during the course of a game.

Of course he's not above criticism. Last Saturday we were dominating Newcastle and it cried out for someone like Izquierdo to come on and do exactly what he did against Bournemouth. It didn't happen, much to the frustration of the majority of us Albion fans there.

In my view Bournemouth's second goal could not be blamed on Hughton, it was a case of multiple errors in not clearing the ball by our players when they had the opportunity to do so.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I think Oliver should have stopped play,there was a player on the floor with what appeared to be a head injury.Thought that was the ruling?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unless there is a clear blood injury or two players are down from a clash of heads, I think refs tend to ignore players from the defending team going down in their own penalty area holding their head, on the basis that there is a clear advantage from play attacking in such positions.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Just seen MOTD, did anyone else see Gross pull his shorts down in anger when they scored?
Most bizarre???

No but obvious BBC really dislike us

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Just seen MOTD, did anyone else see Gross pull his shorts down in anger when they scored?
Most bizarre???

gross.png

Good spot.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hindsight is a wonderful thing. We were leading 2-1, relatively comfortably and with ten minutes to go. I'm not disputing your point about Propper being tired, as probably the rest of the team were. So if Hughton had made the substitutions and fresh players had come on but were "not in the game yet" so to speak and they made an error that led to a goal, what then? Would you blame Hughton for disrupting the balance of the team? It really is a case of damned if do and damned if you don't.
Hindsight? No; I guessed as soon as Smug Eddie started shaking up his line up he would out-substitute CH - and I suspect a few thousand others had similar thoughts at the time; really disappointed with that aspect of the match today - and it was no consolation being proved right..

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The same thing happened in the game at Bournemouth he brought on Ibe and we lost the game. That is something CH never does is change the game as his substitutions are always like for like just fresh legs not to change the course of the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here