Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Blue's Away Supporters Club

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Has anyone used this coach company please? My lad's looking to book two seats on the coach for Saturday.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Bounce

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Yeah I use them all the time. Lovely family, can deffo recommend.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Used to use them before I started jumping on the train, I can recommend very highly, always do their job (getting you there). Was like a right of passage when I was at college and first started going to away games on my own.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Just a general question. I usually drive to the few away games I go to, and stop overnight but am thinking of trying coach travel for the northern games to reduce costs But how uncomfortable is it, being on a coach for, what, 11 or 12 hours in a single day? Not sure if I could take it. Any thoughts (preferably to encourage me!) Can you get any sleep on the coach? Does anyone take a pillow with them?!! Any other tips?

Last edited:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Just a general question. I usually drive to the few away games I go to, and stop overnight but am thinking of trying coach travel for the northern games to reduce costs But how uncomfortable is it, being on a coach for, what, 11 or 12 hours in a single day? Not sure if I could take it. Any thoughts (preferably to encourage me!) Can you get any sleep on the coach? Does annyone take a pillow with them?!! Any other tips?
Sadly you can only take pillows on the No29 to Wood Green, it is very popular so get there early.
article-2597716-1CDC806D00000578-135_964x641.jpg

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Just a general question. I usually drive to the few away games I go to, and stop overnight but am thinking of trying coach travel for the northern games to reduce costs But how uncomfortable is it, being on a coach for, what, 11 or 12 hours in a single day? Not sure if I could take it. Any thoughts (preferably to encourage me!) Can you get any sleep on the coach? Does annyone take a pillow with them?!! Any other tips?
I don’t like it if being brutally honest, but it’s not impossible. You can’t really get up which is what I find annoying, and no alcohol.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Longest journey I've done by coach is to Liverpool. Hassle-free though not what you'd call comfortable. Not helped by (a) about 12 episodes of Mrs Brown's Boys being shown on the DVD player and (b) the service station we stopped at on the way home having next to no food available.

Also on a coach the miles seem to pass by so slowly.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I used them a lot in the championship days, always good, often have pies for sale for long trips, don't know if they still do. Always drove to Polegate to join the coach which would then have pick ups at the Amex and then on the A23. I stopped using them when they extended the pick ups to Hailsham as it would take so so long to do the last bit back to Polegate. I think they might even go via Seaford now from Eastbourne/Polegate. If you join the coach at the Amex then no issues in using them.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I used them a lot in the championship days, always good, often have pies for sale for long trips, don't know if they still do. Always drove to Polegate to join the coach which would then have pick ups at the Amex and then on the A23. I stopped using them when they extended the pick ups to Hailsham as it would take so so long to do the last bit back to Polegate. I think they might even go via Seaford now from Eastbourne/Polegate. If you join the coach at the Amex then no issues in using them.
Excellent, we're getting on at Pease Pottage which is the last pick up and first drop off I guess?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Just a general question. I usually drive to the few away games I go to, and stop overnight but am thinking of trying coach travel for the northern games to reduce costs But how uncomfortable is it, being on a coach for, what, 11 or 12 hours in a single day? Not sure if I could take it. Any thoughts (preferably to encourage me!) Can you get any sleep on the coach? Does anyone take a pillow with them?!! Any other tips?
I go by coach at is usually a lot cheaper and takes you directly to the ground which makes it more convenient. I think the question of whether you sleep or not is down to the individual . I used to nap quite a bit on the coach , some trips though I haven't for some inexplicable reason.

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
I've done the supporters club coach and seagull travel. I prefer the train (and tinnies) but the coach is a bit cheaper, especially if you can't get advance tickets or use a railcard. This is an expensive year for us!

Makes it a long day (e.g. leaving Shoreham at 06:10 for Citeh) and you can't get up and walk around, but if you're patient, not in a rush and happy to just chill and sit still it's ok.

You can take food, drink (not alcohol), pillow, book or whatever and leave your bag on the coach. Handy if you're not sure what the weather will do, on the train you have to take everything in with you.

Never done a London one by coach but for longer distances they've had a short stop at a service station.

I've not seen a DVD being shown on board. You can just talk to the person next to you or do your own thing with headphones on. Supporters club also do a predictions quiz which you send in online, £1 if you want to win cash or you can do it for fun.

If you want a kip don't put your seat back as the person behind you has little enough space as it is.

Don't put a cup of coffee on the pull-down table or you'll get a lapful when the coach moves, especially if the ****hole in front has put their seat back.

They don't do pies :lolol:

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
I've done the supporters club coach and seagull travel. I prefer the train (and tinnies) but the coach is a bit cheaper, especially if you can't get advance tickets or use a railcard. This is an expensive year for us!

Makes it a long day (e.g. leaving Shoreham at 06:10 for Citeh) and you can't get up and walk around, but if you're patient, not in a rush and happy to just chill and sit still it's ok.

You can take food, drink (not alcohol), pillow, book or whatever and leave your bag on the coach. Handy if you're not sure what the weather will do, on the train you have to take everything in with you.

Never done a London one by coach but for longer distances they've had a short stop at a service station.

I've not seen a DVD being shown on board. You can just talk to the person next to you or do your own thing with headphones on. Supporters club also do a predictions quiz which you send in online, £1 if you want to win cash or you can do it for fun.

If you want a kip don't put your seat back as the person behind you has little enough space as it is.

Don't put a cup of coffee on the pull-down table or you'll get a lapful when the coach moves, especially if the ****hole in front has put their seat back.

Also if you get easily disoriented or plan to have a few beers, get What3Words on your phone and clock where the coach drops you off so you can find your way back after. And note the coach number, seagull travel usually run several that look the same!

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023

Very helpful, thanks. I'll give it a go. And you've answered the question I meant to ask -- whether I can leave stuff on the coach during the match.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Longest journey I've done by coach is to Liverpool. Hassle-free though not what you'd call comfortable. Not helped by (a) about 12 episodes of Mrs Brown's Boys being shown on the DVD player and (b) the service station we stopped at on the way home having next to no food available.

Also on a coach the miles seem to pass by so slowly.
FA Cup game when Dunk scored some own goals?
That’s probably the furthest I’ve been on a coach, I used to use Blues Away when my sons were kids. I remember someone having a bit of a rant about the swearing on Mrs Brown’s Boys, not because it was crap :lolol:
I think we stopped at the worst service station I’ve been in on the way home.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
FA Cup game when Dunk scored some own goals?
That’s probably the furthest I’ve been on a coach, I used to use Blues Away when my sons were kids. I remember someone having a bit of a rant about the swearing on Mrs Brown’s Boys, not because it was crap :lolol:
I think we stopped at the worst service station I’ve been in on the way home.
Yes, that's the one, and it was the Newhaven coach I was on.

That was me telling the driver not to put the DVD back on. I said it was because of the swearing ( I was with my son, who was fairly young at the time.) But it was a convenient excuse to avoid watching any more of that rubbish. It was the first time I'd come across it.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Yes, that's the one, and it was the Newhaven coach I was on.

That was me telling the driver not to put the DVD back on. I said it was because of the swearing ( I was with my son, who was fairly young at the time.) But it was a convenient excuse to avoid watching any more of that rubbish. It was the first time I'd come across it.
:lolol:

I know who you are, i think our boys played in the same junior football team when they were 6 or 7 years old.
If you are the person I’m thinking of you did a really good photo album for each player at the end of the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here