Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bloom’s Biggest Bluff

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I think that some years we'll be selling 2 or even 3 players at big profits - ever increasing the warchest for new signings.
I don't think our challenges is signing players for big(ish) fees. I think it's trying to keep a check on wages. That will always be our biggest issue I suspect.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Please don’t Berate me for this question I’m just curious to your views. Would TB getting a partner to help with the financial implications of running a premier league club help us, heaven forbid push for the title. Leicester did it so not impossible. Yes I have had a drink. We are currently getting more tv coverage than any other club with our astute scouting/football/and business acumen. I’m not talking rich Americans or Saudi money.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Please don’t Berate me for this question I’m just curious to your views. Would TB getting a partner to help with the financial implications of running a premier league club help us, heaven forbid push for the title. Leicester did it so not impossible. Yes I have had a drink. We are currently getting more tv coverage than any other club with our astute scouting/football/and business acumen. I’m not talking rich Americans or Saudi money.
I would guess almost zero chance of this happening. He has spoken before about the family connection with the club (his uncle and Grandfather(?) before him in club hierarchy) and his hope that he will one day pass it on to his son.

I just can’t see him taking investment and losing any control unless under the direst of circumstances.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I'd imagine that he's quite content with how things are going, with no need to change a thing.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
You know the answer. No - he’s at the helm and he’s doing a bloody good job.
People like TB don’t share ownership or power. He is THE BOSS

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Was talking to a couple of chaps up in WSU from Seagulls over Burwash on Sunday. They said that before the Amex was built, or around the time (can't remember, it's me age!), that Bloom had addressed the group with the outline of his plan. I know its fairly well-documented but interesting to say the least to think back even 10 or 11 years ago and see how expectations have raised.

His plan was within 5 years to achieve promotion to the PL, in the next 5 establish our club in the PL avoiding relegation and then the next 5 reach the top 10 as an end of season finish. Well the club did all that and now it is safe to say that the chairman's outlook exceeds almost all of our wildest dreams.

Such exciting times for us Albion fans, specially those of us who lived through all the pain, and we are so lucky to have Tony Bloom as our owner.
Which makes the Hughton sacking make more sense. He didn't want to put all that planning at risk and, given the scrapes with relegation and style of football, it WAS a risk. Cue Potter coming in to kick off the new five-year-plan and – hopefully, RDZ finishing off the job!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here