Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Bloomin' blowy!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yesterday was epic on the west coast of Ireland including a power cut, bins flying, branches down etc but nothing disastrous. Hoping I get lucky like @PogueMahone - on way from Galway to Dub now and need Dub - Gatwick to be back on track🤞
I've just had a quick glance at Gatwick Arrivals and it seems to be fairly normal now.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Why the hell is there even a flight that goes from Stansted to Newquay in the first place?
Apparently this was supposed to be a plane incoming to Newquay that was diverted to Stansted, was then trying to get back to take passengers to Malaga, but gave up, cancelled that flight and went straight to Malaga.

However there are regular Newquay - Gatwick flights, as my colleague was supposed to be on one that was cancelled today

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Why the hell is there even a flight that goes from Stansted to Newquay in the first place?
A rival to that flight

Fancy a trip from Ireland to Scotland... via Germany?​

This Ryanair flight departed Shannon in Ireland at 11.50pm on Sunday, one hour late, bound for Edinburgh but after circling twice it could not land in the high winds.
So the plane diverted to Cologne in Germany instead, eventually landing there at 2.20am.
Talk about a detour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here