Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Bloomin' blowy!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I’m on a train from Gatwick to Brighton. The landing I have just experienced was…memorable. Very, very jumpy, huge turbulence and a massive round of applause on safe runway connection.

Customs was pretty much empty, and someone from border force told me that pretty much all take offs and landings have been cancelled, with landings diverted to Stansted.

We got very lucky.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I’m on a train from Gatwick to Brighton. The landing I have just experienced was…memorable. Very, very jumpy, huge turbulence and a massive round of applause on safe runway connection.

Customs was pretty much empty, and someone from border force told me that pretty much all take offs and landings have been cancelled, with landings diverted to Stansted.

We got very lucky.
My neighbours are stranded in Dublin as most flights are cancelled in and out, including their scheduled 4pm departure to Gatwick.

Taking a look at the situation earlier I saw one Dublin-bound flight diverted to Paris and another to Bordeaux! Presumably UK airports were either very busy or proving difficult to land as well.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Can’t sleep and it’s blowing a gale and some outside, can hear it loudly. My contribution as an aside was enjoying a sprout, broccoli and cabbage based soap this evening.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Windy, here in north Kent.

And we had a power cut because oafs (council or electricity barons) have deemed it fine to have large trees mingling with the overhead (1950s) power cables. What could possibly go wro*🤑👽👹🧍‍♂️🩳🩳🩳🎩👜

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Yes, much safer landing a train in good weather 😉

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
My neighbours are stranded in Dublin as most flights are cancelled in and out, including their scheduled 4pm departure to Gatwick.

Taking a look at the situation earlier I saw one Dublin-bound flight diverted to Paris and another to Bordeaux! Presumably UK airports were either very busy or proving difficult to land as well.
Wow, that’s horrendous! Bordeaux!?

We flew in from Lisbon. An hour late, but so much better than many. It was warm, calm and sunny today. Quite a shock to the system.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

We got very lucky.
I’m amazed they let you land. Felt sure you’d be delayed, but delighted you’re back safe and sound and can watch us take 3 points off Wolves.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
They’ve just shown a flightradar shot of LGW on TV from sometime in the night……just a succession of planes on go-rounds before diverting elsewhere.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
They’ve just shown a flightradar shot of LGW on TV from sometime in the night……just a succession of planes on go-rounds before diverting elsewhere.
Gatwick was trending on X last night, with passengers detailing where they had actually landed Instead.
Another post said they were on a flight from Edinburgh to Bristol, but had to divert to Paris.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Is anybody old enough to remember the time during a storm Hove Lagoon flooded and all the Beech huts had blown over and were floating in Lagoon

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Yesterday was epic on the west coast of Ireland including a power cut, bins flying, branches down etc but nothing disastrous. Hoping I get lucky like @PogueMahone - on way from Galway to Dub now and need Dub - Gatwick to be back on track🤞

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here