bloom sells the club

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum is the ruler of Dubai - he is very involved in horse racing but not known to have any interest in football
Sheikh Mansour is the deputy prime minister of the UAE and a member of the ruling family of Abu Dhabi. He bankrolls Manchester City.
Methinks you got your Sheikhs mixed up . . . :facepalm:

And I remember at the time saying what you said was a load of sh*t. And guess what ? It hasnt changed.

Also the Man City owner couldnt buy us as ownership rules within the UK prevent owners owning 2 clubs in the same country, otherwise half the lower leagues would already be feeder clubs by now.

Yes got my sheiks mixed up as you say.

Hawk

That is as rules are at the moment who is to say the rules wont be changed in the future as money or lack of it dictates. Having said that I dont see TB selling for few years yet.

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
Maybe TB should go down the Watford/Charlton route and create a merger of sorts with a couple of other clubs (Ajax would be nice). He could then forget a lot of these tedious transfer hassles, focus on the youth academy, and just keep loaning players and avoiding FFP. I wonder what the NSC reaction would be if this kind of arrangement happened to our club.

Brilliant piece of business that would be. 100m stadium, 30m training facility and then sell. If the club is worth 50m I would be surprised. It doesn't make sense because it's not true.

stadium must be 120 million after expansion,30 million training facility,1 million waterslide development and 30 million losses since moving in add up to 181 million:rolleyes:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
this is something I muted some time ago and got well and truly slated
it will happen but after we have the academy well and truly up and running
this is of coarse only IMHO not a rumour or ITK

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I dont believe for one minute Tony would sell.

I could see it maybe once/if we make the Premier League, even the I dont believe he would be able to let go.

He is a brighton fan after all.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland

I could see it maybe once/if we make the Premier League, even the I dont believe he would be able to let go.

nail on the head

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I don't think for one minute that Tony Bloom is ready to sell the club but if he did would it be so bad? He has built a superb stadium and even better training facilities. They are not going to go away and cannot be used for anything else, like a shopping centre or housing. We owe him a lot for being in this position.
He has always made it very clear that he is not a sugar daddy with an open cheque book and the club must pay its way. If some mega rich person wanted to invest to take us forward quicker I doubt if he would stand in their way.
Now, in the meantime, where are the new players?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

On the contrary. If he could no longer afford to keep spending money on the club then I believe that as a fan he WOULD sell.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I certainly think there's something happening, all that business last week of three non executive directors suddenly converting loans to shares.
I actually think the club is an attractive proposition to a wealthy owner now, the infrastructure is in place, any new owner would have nothing to do except concentrate on achieving promotion.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
whoosh over your head then:ffsparr:

Well, with some of the rubbish going on in here, one does wonder what some people are prepared to believe........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports