Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloom sacked Slade after only 15 games yet Sami is still here??

Keith Patel

**** off Lino.
Apr 4, 2009
Brighton
its because slade wasn't brought in by bloom , he was already here.
which goes to show that the reason sami hasn't been sacked yet is because he doesn't want to loose face.
unbelievable if this is the reason. Bloom needs to put the club a lot higher than his ego.
im getting really fed up with the whole club at the moment.

But did Bloom appoint Slade?

Dick Knight appointed him on a short term deal, his contract finished after he kept us up. Then Bloom took over and offered him a new deal... It would've been very harsh on Slade for him not to get the job after he somehow kept us up, although if Bloom really didn't want him he could've appointed someone else.

Keith Patel

**** off Lino.
Apr 4, 2009
Brighton
I think this is an interesting comparison, more so because Slade had done such an epic job to keep us up the previous season, and because he 's gone on to do good things elsewhere.

Sami has already had longer than any other chairman would have give him, by 2-3 games at least.

Exactly, and especially as Bloom got Gus in after and we improved dramatically after christmas when we brought in Painter & Calderon, but somehow I can't see bloom wanting to bring in that many players this Jan due to his 'I don't like the January transfer window" policy.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
What I find quite interesting about this comparison is that when Gus did come in, he did very well to utilise the players available to him, many of which looked pretty crap under Slade. I remember how the likes of Navarro, Crofts, Dicker and even Bennett didn't look very good early in that season, but look at the impact they all had on the club. That League 1 title was achieved off the back of pretty much bugger all investment in the playing squad, as the money we gained from the sales of Crofts/Dickinson more than covered the arrivals of Greer, Barnes and Noone. At this moment in time, the change needs to be made sooner rather than later. While there are clearly issues with certain players, the squad we have should be doing better than bottom 3.

Friday was the first time I had seen us play this season, and it was deeply worrying. The passing game we spent so long to develop over the past few years was quite simply nowhere to be seen. Arguably, there are some more deep-rooted issues within the club, but on the playing side, what is most evident is a woeful lack of confidence. While some clubs achieve success through spending, others like Ipswich get a manager who knows the division and can get Championship players on the cheap.

Ultimately, fans don't really give a shit how much money has been invested in the club. I am not particularly bothered about whether the wage bill is the highest it's been or if the squad is the most expensive it's been. It sounds like an ungrateful thing to say, especially to a chairman that has quite literally saved the club from extinction. However, what people want is success. And the point I'm trying to make (in a very roundabout, convoluted manner) is that simply changing the manager could lead to major improvements. It's worked for us before, and I currently think we have no other option.

The first thing Gus did was to get Calderon and Painter in as full backs. That stopped the rot and transformed the side from one which was leaking goals down both wings. Key signings at the time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here