Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloom - Quietly pulls the strings

bnfrnkln

all the lads...
Nov 2, 2009
the ministry of flair
Whenever i watch Breaking Bad i think of Tony, working behind the scenes like this man. Season_4_-_Gus.jpg

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
i wholeheartedly agree with the overall appreciation of the way our chairman operates - and just how good he is.

but I think comments about Gus "posturing" and the like are unfair. He is the manager and so the public front for the club, and as a well respected football person gets asked to do things on the tele and so on. But I get the impression most people outside the club would consider Gus to be eminently sensible and measured. he is seen as one of the good guys.

Feb 14, 2010
I'm not quite sure what your referring to.I presume you mean the speculation about our manager.

My post is nothing to do with this week, although again, he didnt feel the need to be plastered all over the press saying how he managed to keep Gus. He just let the actions speak for themselves and its business as usual. My post is more an observation that TB is not on the radio or TV at every opportunity. If it is a player that has signed, then he leaves it to the manager to speak. Or if the stadium then it was Martin Perry and now Barbour. Other clubs seem to have chairman busting a gut for media attention, whether on twitter or radio or tv. Bloom however just leaves that to those below him and delivers like a master. Just quietly pulling the strings. He also, when needed will also speak to the fans, but normally when there is a concern over something or a statement of substance once or twice a year when there is something to say.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
you could if you had used "have" instead of "of".

Ha Ha , You sound like me, how funny. Silly isn't it but it really rankles me when "of" is used instead of "have". Do I need to get a life?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Have you noticed that with a minimum of press coverage, Bloom quietly pulls the strings and gets things done. This is a great asset to the club and in contrast to the classic "look at me" media, attention seeking chairman in football.

Seems to me that TB is not a man in THAT much of a hurry. He's put absolutely everything in place for the Premier League stadium-wise. And the training complex plans show his clear intent to build a DYNASTY. Just needs the team to produce the goods now. It WILL come, and sooner rather than later, either under this manager or under another manager. Nothing's surer. Keep the faith and enjoy the ride! :thumbsup:

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Disappointed we won't get a speech at half time on the pitch hearing about what a miracle job he has done keeping Gus at the club.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Ha Ha , You sound like me, how funny. Silly isn't it but it really rankles me when "of" is used instead of "have". Do I need to get a life?

No, you don't need to get a life. Pedantry rules OK!
Without wanting to get at those who get things wrong, It just jars when I read things that are not right - missing or misplaced apostrophes, split infinitives (even though most people would accept them these days), your and you're being confused and so on and so forth.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
..........What I do know is that if gus had left for Reading then Barber would probably have been seen as the major reason why.Now he is not leaving it is Tony bloom who is the reason why......

That seems a strange perception. What would Barber have been accused of and is he likely to be accused of it every time there is talk of another club after Gus? Also, what would Bloom have done to get Gus to stay - offered him more money or more transfer money (and will he need to do this every time there is an approach for him)? I really don't understand the 'Barber is responsible for everything bad, Bloom is responsible for everything good' reasoning but I guess some people will always think that way.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I really don't understand the 'Barber is responsible for everything bad, Bloom is responsible for everything good' reasoning but I guess some people will always think that way.
Cos a) it's comedy gold, 2) Nobody dare (rightly so) say a bad word against TB, iii) all clubs need an 'enemy' on the board.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here