Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloom Q&A at Seagulls over Burwash this evening

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I wish Tony would stop saying his priority is to get the club into the premier league.We have a shiny new white elephant and a squad full of players that cost diddly squat, while we let our top goal scorer go for the sake of a couple of grand a week.The stadium and training facility will win us **** all ,only a decent team will get us promoted our captain is a 3rd division player and so is our striker that on it`s own sais everything about the clubs ambitions.For the record i am very happy with where the club is at the moment, i just wish Tony would stop raising fans hopes of promotion when he will not fund a squad to acheive that ambition

What a complete load of BS. Incredible.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I wish Tony would stop saying his priority is to get the club into the premier league.We have a shiny new white elephant and a squad full of players that cost diddly squat, while we let our top goal scorer go for the sake of a couple of grand a week.The stadium and training facility will win us **** all ,only a decent team will get us promoted our captain is a 3rd division player and so is our striker that on it`s own sais everything about the clubs ambitions.For the record i am very happy with where the club is at the moment, i just wish Tony would stop raising fans hopes of promotion when he will not fund a squad to acheive that ambition

I honestly do not know how you get through the days.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Try asking the Saints fans about that.

Your whole post has the air of a :fishing: trip. If it's not, respectfully I'll disagree with you entirely.

I just don`t get the concept of we have a shiny new ground and the attendance is better than Palarse therefore we will get promoted to the premier League,I have supported the Albion since 1979 and in all that time we have been a yo yo club between the so called lower divisions, apart from the brief spell in the 1st division.The Goldstone was never full and in the next 3 to 4 years attendance at the Amex will drop to an average of around 20 thousand , we will carry on as we have through out our history flitting between the 2nd and 3rd divisions, that is what is exciting about being a Brighton fan, the promotion, the relegation.

Last edited:

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Oh god, you do actually believe it. Players that wouldn't be here if we were still at Withdean

PIG
Ward, Bruno, Upson
Spanish Dave, Orlandi, Agustein, Buckley, Andrews, Conway
CMS, Ulloa, Lita

Plus Bridge and Vicente from last year.

The Premier League is not worth mortgaging our future for. Tony believes we can get there the right way and I believe we can as well. It was a 5 year plan wasn't it?

Also (and a very minor point), how can the stadium be a white elephant when it's 80-90% full every week. Or are you just portraying an absolute doomsday, worst case scenario version of our future?

Firstly those names are not top players, secondly why is being realistic predicting doomsday and thirdly the stadium is great but not the guaranteed bringer of promotion that some on here think that it is, it could have been built for half the price similar to st marys with the saving being spent on a squad capable of a serious promotion push while it was still possible before FFP kicked in, that did not happen, we are missing out on over 100 million a year income, but we are where we have aways been and i for one am happy with that

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I just don`t get the concept of we have a shiny new ground and the attenance is better than Palarse therefore we will get promoted to the premier League,I have supported the Albion since 1979 and in all that time we have been a yo yo club between the so called lower divisions, apart from the brief spell in the 1st division.The Goldstone was never full and in the next 3 to 4 years attendance at the Amex will drop to an average of around 20 thousand , we will carry on as we have through out our history flitting between the 2nd and 3rd divisions, that is what is excitng abour being a Brighton fan the promotion the relegation.

1. The better facilities have attracted better players.
2. The bigger crowds will allow us to pay more money under FFP.
3. Look at average attendences for the divisions from the late 70's/ early 80's compared to now. Notice anything? More people go to football, everywhere. Look around you when you are next at the Amex, loads of women and kids - how many of those did you see at the Goldstone even as recently as the mid 90's. Football in the Premier League era is far more popular.
4. Even if attendences were to tail off to 20k (and I am far, far from convinced that this would be the case) that's a good Championship attendence, more than sufficient to support promtion aspirations and bigger than some already in the PL
5. The youth facilites will allow us the develop our own players. We have a MASSIVE catchment area. Look at what this has done for Palace & Southampton. Money in the bank from sales & constant pressure for places in the first team.
6. We finished 4th last season for God's sake and we were the form team at the end of the season. We could eaily be in the PL now.

It is a more than achievable aim without overspending.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
firstly those names are not top players, secondly why is being realistic predicting doomsday and thirdly the stadium is great but not the guaranteed bringer of promotion that some on here think that it is, it could have been built for half the price similar to st marys with the saving being spent on a squad capable of a serious promotion push while it was still possible before ffp kicked in, that did not happen, we are missing out on over 100 million a year income, but we are where we have aways been and i for one am happy with that

We finished 4th last year (ahead of a team that did get promoted.) how is that not a serious promotion push?

Also, the attendence thing is your opinion, it's not fact. Just beacuse you think it doesn't make it true, otherwise I'd have won the lottery by now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here