Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bloom Calls Emergency Board Meeting This Week

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Well, even if the thread title is true, which it might not be, I suspect with Covid going mad again, a transfer window coming up and Bloom having to decide if he can or can't go to and come back from Australia as he normally does, there would be plenty to talk about wouldn't there?

Even as an "out" voter in the managerial poll I don't actually expect Tony to get rid of Potter - very far from it. And, if he did, I would have expected the decision to have been made yesterday and carried out today, a la Hughton.

More likely a 'board meeting'....without the 'emergency' ('additional' perhaps).......:shrug: As you say, plenty going on for them to discuss - finances, upcoming window, Covid, current form, ground expansion and covid STH ticket allocation (I'd also add lack of a breakfast pie at a 12.00 kick off myself but I'm not in charge) :rolleyes:

Will be genuinely staggered if he sacks Potter. Far more likely to come out with a strong statement backing him.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I'm very tempted to type "Yawn" as I'm intrigued as to the credibility of your "sauce" but I'm hoping you are right.
Why "sauce" for "source" and "sings" for "signs" is beyond me? It's not funny as far as I can see,please could someone enlighten me or am I due a whooshing :shrug: (whatever that is) :shrug:

Its what the groovy gang do. The real cool fukkers steer clear.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
According to a regularly reliable sauce.

I hope it's to approve funds for January and not the other thing....

Assuming it's not Fake News, clue is in the word 'emergency'. Which it is, in terms of TB's investment. Could well mark the beginning of the end for the club's absurdly top-heavy recruitment/coaching setup. And daresay that word questioning TB's commitment to spending EPL levels of required spend on NSC will not have entirely escaped his notice

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm very tempted to type "Yawn" as I'm intrigued as to the credibility of your "sauce" but I'm hoping you are right.
Why "sauce" for "source" and "sings" for "signs" is beyond me? It's not funny as far as I can see,please could someone enlighten me or am I due a whooshing :shrug: (whatever that is) :shrug:

Were loose.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

What about fish puns?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Assuming it's not Fake News, clue is in the word 'emergency'. Which it is, in terms of TB's investment. Could well mark the beginning of the end for the club's absurdly top-heavy recruitment/coaching setup. And daresay that word questioning TB's commitment to spending EPL levels of required spend on NSC will not have entirely escaped his notice

Hake news?

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
EGM called to discuss why the players we call 'strikers' (all bar Welbeck) are going by that name, surely they should be renamed with something more appropriate like 'chokers'

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Could be just about anything.

I guess we'll find out if Tony is selling up or Barber has been poached etc etc in due course.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
hopefully they are getting rid now. its not trigger happy as results have been dire for a long long time now.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
More likely a 'board meeting'....without the 'emergency' ('additional' perhaps).......:shrug: As you say, plenty going on for them to discuss - finances, upcoming window, Covid, current form, ground expansion and covid STH ticket allocation (I'd also add lack of a breakfast pie at a 12.00 kick off myself but I'm not in charge) :rolleyes:

Will be genuinely staggered if he sacks Potter. Far more likely to come out with a strong statement backing him.

Personally someone isn’t doing their job properly if there isn’t a special ‘not for minutes’ section where someone pulls together a PowerPoint of the stupidest quotes from fans after the latest match.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
According to a regularly reliable sauce.

I hope it's to approve funds for January and not the other thing....

TB picks his friends and colleagues very carefully, rewards them well and expects and deserves their loyalty. Why on earth one of these trusted allies would breach that trust and tell you, or tell someone who then tells you, I don't know. Mischief making I presume.

However given that the Board will not get together until the Arsenal match it's no great surprise that TB will want to meet beforehand (remotely).

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Yeah ,I get Omsung Phine ( God bless Ben's Grandad ) but "Fixtures" eludes me as well! And,thus it was so!

In honour of Ben's Grandad it has been decided that we have NO-ONE that can play at Left Back and we will just have to accept this as the reason we are plummeting to non-league status.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Personally someone isn’t doing their job properly if there isn’t a special ‘not for minutes’ section where someone pulls together a PowerPoint of the stupidest quotes from fans after the latest match.

LOL - 'Thanks everyone.......just before we finish, here's our usual look at some of the nonsense we've seen on social media since the last meeting'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here