Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloom Backs Barber - Brighton

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Congratulations Mr Barber. I certainly don't like everything he's done, but overall he is doing an extremely tough job very well.

Feb 14, 2010
I'd be interested to know what targets he sets himself and the Albion. He has the best supported club when mid table in the 2nd tier and top 10/11 in the country at the moment. If a manager delivers success, then I wonder what target he sets this club for building on that.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'd be interested to know what targets he sets himself and the Albion. He has the best supported club when mid table in the 2nd tier and top 10/11 in the country at the moment. If a manager delivers success, then I wonder what target he sets this club for building on that.

I'm not sure what you mean here. PB isn't responsible for results!?

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Paul Barber arrived here with an unblemished and highly successful CV. If he ever leaves here (I pray not) I trust it will be be elevated even further. Head cases that know nothing of importance about PB or the club but whinge at every opportunity should move to Selhurst. They'd have reason to gripe then, with the addition of basking in the glory of premiership football..:lolol:

Feb 14, 2010
I'm not sure what you mean here. PB isn't responsible for results!?

I mean that if a club is 10/11th best supported in the country when mid table playing Barnsley in the 2nd tier then there has to be the question .. " How far can this club go if it gets mid table of the top flight". There is plenty more to do to get the Albion to reach its potential both on and off the field and I hope he is as good as they as, because if he is, then this club might just reach the potential that it always had but never reached.

Cold Gettin Dumb

Jan 31, 2013
As long as each member of the staff is 100% behind the Albion as a cause, whether that be players, management or 'backroom' (the board, executives etc) then they'll have my support.
Doing PB's job is one that many people would think they can do better at, but when it comes to the crunch they wouldn't have the stones to push forward to make the club financially viable - i certainly couldn't and wouldn't do it.

To make the necessary changes he has made and to even give Oscar an increased budget (something many have demanded) shows that he IS doing his job and to be given this award above every other club in the COUNTRY is a massive coup for BHA. Well deserved.
Very well put...

Digweed's Testicle

Build A Bonfire
Jan 11, 2004
Hartlepool
1463539_10202339762397898_1053727668_n.jpg

I met Tony Bloom and Paul Barber at the Football Business Awards and was fortunate enough to write the introduction to the stage for his winning the top CEO award.
Speaking to other CEOs and some international brand representatives, Paul Barber is highly regarded. He was very modest about his role at the club.
Other clubs are also very respectful about the work the Albion does in the community and we are lucky to have such a progressive club, especially considering what we have had to face as fans over the last couple of decades.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I mean that if a club is 10/11th best supported in the country when mid table playing Barnsley in the 2nd tier then there has to be the question .. " How far can this club go if it gets mid table of the top flight". There is plenty more to do to get the Albion to reach its potential both on and off the field and I hope he is as good as they as, because if he is, then this club might just reach the potential that it always had but never reached.

Mid-table Prem is the best we can hope for IMHO. But the fan base / crowd numbers suggest that IS achievable. Down to the Head Coach to deliver Prem football IMHO. Gus nearly made it. Here's hoping Oscar can, given a fair crack of the whip (Poyet had the financial backing, Oscar has the same backing, but has obviously suffered the injury crisis we are currently still in).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here