Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Bloody Virgin Internet

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I got up this morning, had a busy day ahead, and couldn't get onto t'Internet.

Got home this afternoon, pissing around, and just lost the connection twice in the last hour. They wouldn't do that when I'm dependant on a dodgy stream to watch tonight's match would they ? (Or is everyone laughing at the silly old sod who is still on Virgin Broadband ?)

I get the feeling I'm not going to like the answer, either way :shrug:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I got up this morning, had a busy day ahead, and couldn't get onto t'Internet.

Got home this afternoon, pissing around, and just lost the connection twice in the last hour. They wouldn't do that when I'm dependant on a dodgy stream to watch tonight's match would they ? (Or is everyone laughing at the silly old sod who is still on Virgin Broadband ?)

I get the feeling I'm not going to like the answer, either way :shrug:
You aren’t alone, apparently…

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
It's a nationwide issue with Virgin Media today unfortunately, I noticed an issue this morning so reset the hub - big mistake as it took half an hour to kick back in again. Then mostly fine throughout the day but intermittent again now - hopefully they'll resolve by the time the game is on but some people are saying it's been down all day for them!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Home internet and mobile phone both with Virgin and both flakey as hell today. Very worried about my stream later.

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
If you're on a PC you can download the free Brave Browser https://brave.com/download/ and open a tab to connect to the internet via Tor. Internet will still work that way.

There must be ways to access Tor via mobile/apple but I don't know any to recommend.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Just be aware that if I/we lose connection tonight I would be posting 'what a bunch of f***ing incomeptent, s***ing, stealing, t***y, robbing, complete and utter f***tards Virgin are. Alternatively, I may be watching us stroll through the match with a glass or two of Rioja.

I'm sure you will find out which over the next few hours :wink:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Went off twice in the night - although the little logo on the screen showed an internet connection, nothing was coming through and I had to go and find my code number (at 3a.m. and again at 5a.m!) to get back in.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Mine has gone down in the last hour or so. In London I can’t tune into Sussex radio on my wireless, they’re not broadcasting the programme online (as far as I can tell) so are we buggered up here?

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
No problem at breakfast…none when in this evening 💁
No one likes a show off :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

We had the problem this morning and then was mainly OK when I used it a few times during the day ... until around 4pm when it all went to pot again. Although it was a bit odd as there were times when accessing BBC Sport, for example, was lightening fast ... but I couldn't access Facebook, WhatsApp (PC version), Twitter and NSC!!

All working OK again ... at the moment 😬

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Mine dropped out at about 4pm. Tried switching the router off and on again but to no avail. Came back up some time after 5 and (touching cloth) has been ok since. Was WFH which caused a slight issue, but I made full use of the time by giving my lawn its first cut of the year, pruned the bushes, moved the water fountain, and set up the patio furniture. Garden is finally back in action.

Now - no WiFi fannying for the next few hours please VM.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Forty four years later, and still the most reliable servant...
337019336_765576538298028_5033276961272251365_n.jpg

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Been a nightmare today hasn't it? Must be some DNS issue as my Slack and Google Workspace apps have been working fine.
Yeah I saw a post from Cloudflare earlier on Twitter that said it's a DNS issue. A particular server was having a mare, conveniently the same server that hosts their website and chat tools.

It happens :shrug:

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
My connection has been dodgy most of the day, but ok in the last couple of hours except, ironically, until I pressed the link to this thread! No doubt Virgin will refund a proportion of their charges to us in compensation…..The dreadful service today (following hard on the heels of their recent letter putting up my monthly subscription by > £20) won’t retain my custom.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here