Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloody hell it's now max Clifford

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If this is all true, jimmy saville, Stuart hall, max Hastings, dlt....was child abuse so rife in the 70's and 80's.?

What does this say about our celebrity culture?

???

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If this is all true, jimmy saville, Stuart hall, max Hastings, dlt....was child abuse so rife in the 70's and 80's.?

What does this say about our celebrity culture?

???

What the hell does it say about the internets ability to get things wrong and start spreading unfounded rumours!!! ???

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
What the hell does it say about the internets ability to get things wrong and start spreading unfounded rumours!!! ???

Eh?

Explanation required please.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Some of us aren't surprised by all this at all.

As a child growing up in the 80s I could barely leave my house without being fiddled by a media personality.

One time I was passing the studio of BBC Radio Brighton, as it then was, when a chap with a clipboard rushed out, ushered me in and told me to behave for the cast of Dad's Army who were in recording an interview.

I couldn't walk straight for a MONTH after that

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Eh?

Explanation required please.

Really?

Anyone reading your thread may now believe that the eminent historian Max Hastings has been implicated in a sexual assault. Given NSC's google power, it will probably turn up in a search involved Max Hastings, thereby potentially starting an unfounded internet rumour...

Last edited:

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
agreed - On seeing the title i immediately assumed that it was correct and that Max Hasting had been arrested. Should be amended....

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I do. As a fan of some of Hasting's books, I'd be most upset if he was found to be implicated in all this.
Well I know he wasnt involvedin kiddyfiddling in early 1982,... he was too busy yomping all over East Falkland Island dodging Argie bullets... his book of this conflict is the best I read. ( Max Hastings I mean)

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
My old man worked in social services from the 60's onwards. I spoke to him about the amount of child abuse that seemed to be around these days after a high profile case a few years back, and he said that it was everywhere back in the 70's - only the media didnt pick up on it anywhere near as much as it does now....wonder why the media werent interested in these stories back then??

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Really?

Anyone reading your thread may now believe that the eminent historian Max Hastings has been implicated in a sexual assault. Given NSC's google power, it will probably turn up in a search involved Max Hastings, thereby potentially starting an infounded internet rumour...

Exactly my first thought as well....

Your'e probably right Col. Squid!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I could very much believe it if it was Max Branning. His history of wooing just over the age-limit scrubbers should suggest that he would have one day pulled a Polanski or two.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Or Max Headroom. Something about his demeanor always struck me as a bit odd. So he must be investigated.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Re: Bloody hell it's now max Hastings

Perhaps then in view of the thread's content, the title could be changed by a mod?

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
So...this begs the question. Who here on NSC has been abused by a celebrity? I have only ever met Fred Dinage from the day and era, and unless I am blocking something out, he certainly did not abuse me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here