Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloody foreigners

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Does the crashing pound now mean we are going to see an influx of foreigners, with all their dirty habits, strange lingo, and queue jumping coming to our beloved islands this summer for cheap holidays? Well, that backfired then..

What a twunt :tosser: :tantrum:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Dont worry chaps
Our Invictus moment is nearly upon us.

Our sportsmen will unite this divided country in a wave of togetherness as the underdog shines through.

Your moment is here,step forward Wayne Rooney and Raheem Sterling.......on second thoughts as you were......get your pitchforks out.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
This wasn't democracy regardless of the outcome. It was Britain's Got Talent, X-Factor, The Apprentice freak show of sales, spin and mistruths.

As yesterday proved, no one on the Leave side has a definite plan of what to do next. Boris is fumbling around talking about taking our time, not rushing things - yeah, because no one actually has a bloody plan of what will happen, what we actually want out of this deal.

A huge swathe of the electorate has voted Leave on the back of controlled immigration. How is it democratic if we renegotiate a trade deal with the EU that retains free movement exactly as we had before? You will have 48% of remain, and however many Leave voters asking, what the hell, we voted for controlled immigration, we've got the same as before only we've had to take a hit on the economy, the pound, and get a worse deal.

Democracy would have entailed knowing what we were voting for once we were out. The Leave campaign should have been fought on the TRUTH that immigration will remain the same. The TRUTH that the £350m or whatever won't be going to the NHS.

I agree many leaving won't have voted for those reasons, they're not racist, they believe in the UK standing on its own, I don't dispute that or their intelligence, but many did. Many have voted for a lie. And I would hazard a guess more than 1m voted for controlled immigration as a policy alone, and it's a policy they aren't going to get. That isn't democracy.
You should have been on the TV.. you powers of statistical deduction are poetry in motion.... Laura Keunsberg eat your heart out...[emoji85] [emoji86] [emoji87]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
As a trade union activist campaigning for a remain vote I did come across a large amount of what I would regard as xenophobic opinion amongst voters, but to be honest with you the predominant issue was that of sovereignty and decision making autonomy, which is rather ironic considering that the majority of voters whether they be for remain or leave, expressed a deep mistrust and lack of faith in our politicians. Also rather surprisingly the vast majority of voters who were from first or second generation immigrant families expressed a desire to leave the EU and seemed to have more faith British politics.

Having worked with many first/second and third generation immigrants, I personally feel that they have a stronger work ethic than many of the indigeneous population. The original immigrants came to Britain with little or nothing and had to create businesses and careers out of nothing, often in the face of extreme prejudice and difficulty. They had to work a lot harder to establish themselves and this ethos has been passed down to succeeding generations. Many have roots in the Commonwealth and they admire the principals on which Britain was founded. They came here because of perceived opportunity. They see that being eroded by an open door immigration policy and the creation of a large low wage economy. It doesn't sit comfortably with them. They want self-control in this country as much as anybody.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
This wasn't democracy regardless of the outcome. It was Britain's Got Talent, X-Factor, The Apprentice freak show of sales, spin and mistruths.

As yesterday proved, no one on the Leave side has a definite plan of what to do next. Boris is fumbling around talking about taking our time, not rushing things - yeah, because no one actually has a bloody plan of what will happen, what we actually want out of this deal.

A huge swathe of the electorate has voted Leave on the back of controlled immigration. How is it democratic if we renegotiate a trade deal with the EU that retains free movement exactly as we had before? You will have 48% of remain, and however many Leave voters asking, what the hell, we voted for controlled immigration, we've got the same as before only we've had to take a hit on the economy, the pound, and get a worse deal.

Democracy would have entailed knowing what we were voting for once we were out. The Leave campaign should have been fought on the TRUTH that immigration will remain the same. The TRUTH that the £350m or whatever won't be going to the NHS.

I agree many leaving won't have voted for those reasons, they're not racist, they believe in the UK standing on its own, I don't dispute that or their intelligence, but many did. Many have voted for a lie. And I would hazard a guess more than 1m voted for controlled immigration as a policy alone, and it's a policy they aren't going to get. That isn't democracy.

You say that no-one on the leave side has a plan or idea about what to do next but that is largely to do with the complete uncertainty about our own political situation. Both major parties appear in temporary meltdown and anyone with a modicum of commonsense would keep their powder dry until everything settles down in a few months and we see who is in charge.
From the moment that Britain announced its referendum, the EU have been working on and planning an exit strategy for the UK. Analysts and advisors have been warning Brussels for a long time that this was going to be a close vote and could go either way. All the legal framework is in place. As for this country, there has also work been going on behind the scenes involving government officials, the B of E, the CBI, the Fed of small Business and other key organisations to prepare for a possible exit.
The Bank of England was ready on Friday to take immediate action to help calm market fears and alleviate any public panic. There is a clear plan for the way ahead, which will emerge in due course. It has been discussed, thought through and the EU know all about it.
Why people who voted remain are demanding to know instantly what the way ahead is seems rather puzzling. If they had lost the vote, would the leave campaigners all be demanding the next day to know what is going to happen within the EU. I don't think so. Calmness and patience is required.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009

There are many, many millions of people (under the age of 58) who never had the opportunity to vote to join the EU construct as it exists today.

Those over the age of 58 that did vote for the single market in 1975 did so in huge numbers in this referendum, and in light of their overwhelming support for Brexit it is entirely plausible that many changed their view from 1975 to join he single market.

There is the biggest whopper of all and the first lie that set this entire process in motion.

The lies of Ted Heath to take us in, the lies of successive UK and EU politicians to keep us in.

I can empathise with your pain about this result, and what it means for the UK, I have felt like you do for my entire adult life. At its basest level last week's poll proved that more people felt like me about the EU than you.

You need to find a way to come to terms with it, it may not be 40 years before the next one but it won't be tomorrow, and the EU will be different.

I think Brexit will change the EU and its current direction, and once again Britain has lead Europe out of tyranny and into a brighter fairer future. It can be this way.........

Jan 30, 2008
Does the crashing pound now mean we are going to see an influx of foreigners, with all their dirty habits, strange lingo, and queue jumping coming to our beloved islands this summer for cheap holidays? Well, that backfired then..

you could always go in the opposite direction, i don't think you'll be missed ???
regards
DR

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
I didn't. However, it would be naive not to concede that a frighteningly significant proportion of those who did vote out held very xenophobic views. I've met these people. Am I really the only one?

I agree whole heartedly with your statement, a lot of the post election gloating is centred around racism aimed at Syrians, Turks & Albanians (weirdly). UKIP backed by Murdoch did a good job on the 'immigration' ticket with millions of voters who are quite simply racist.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Isn't it about time the remainers dropped this pathetic rhetoric labelling almost 17.5m people racist

If you think this is solely the reason so many people voted to leave you need to have a word with yourself

Democracy has spoken whether you like the outcome or not

Absolutely, but I also dont like to be labelled unpatriotic because I voted remain...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here