Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloody dogooders!

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
the idea of an united Ireland was/is something Dublin could never cope with,hence that's why the British Army were sent there,to protect Catholics

even in these modern times,Dublin would soon call on the British Government to help if it ever were re-united

the Ulster planters have been there for hundreds of years,it's their home,if it isn't I don't know where is?

So you wouldn't be pissed-off if in 300 years time if the great great great great great great great (etc) grand children of current immigrants into Britain still didn't consider themselves British?

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
So you wouldn't be pissed-off if in 300 years time if the great great great great great great great (etc) grand children of current immigrants into Britain still didn't consider themselves British?

Don't expect to be around in 300 years myself to be pissed off .

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
:xmas:
I thought it was clear that I don't want a truth and reconciliation committee. I just want a line drawn under the whole thing. In the name of peace, we've released dozens of convicted murderers from all sides. This sticks in the craw for a lot of people but everyone recognises that if we are to have peace then we have to move on. If elements within the Republican movement who are the ones pushing for these politically motivated convictions want to go down this route then there's an awful lot of skeletons (quite literally) in their closets that are just as deserving of investigation and then where are we? Re-opening these old wounds could push a lot of people back into waging war with each other.

Regards my comments, I don't think I'm taking a particularly high moral ground by describing convicted murderers of innocent people as murderous scum. I called both sides the same name not just the IRA, I don't see any distinction between what was done in the names of groups such as the UVF and the INLA.

No Buzzer I meant take the moral high ground in so much as we do not sink to their level... I did though edit my post because I thought better of a long dawn out debate on this subject at the moment.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
:xmas:
I thought it was clear that I don't want a truth and reconciliation committee. I just want a line drawn under the whole thing. In the name of peace, we've released dozens of convicted murderers from all sides. This sticks in the craw for a lot of people but everyone recognises that if we are to have peace then we have to move on. If elements within the Republican movement who are the ones pushing for these politically motivated convictions want to go down this route then there's an awful lot of skeletons (quite literally) in their closets that are just as deserving of investigation and then where are we? Re-opening these old wounds could push a lot of people back into waging war with each other.

Regards my comments, I don't think I'm taking a particularly high moral ground by describing convicted murderers of innocent people as murderous scum. I called both sides the same name not just the IRA, I don't see any distinction between what was done in the names of groups such as the UVF and the INLA.

No Buzzer I meant take the moral high ground in so much as we do not sink to their level... I did though edit my post because I thought better of a long dawn out debate on this subject at the moment.

38bb5d01f2838cca46ce882f92e0da30.jpg

When do the enquires and trials start for justice for these boys?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here