Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloody Coogan bigs up Man U and practically denies Albion exist on QT!

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

D

Deleted User X18H

I agree with you here Timmeh!

Hasnt he been to a few matches aswell?

The funny thing was that when he was asked about supporting us, he looked kinda embarrassed...the same sort of embarrassed that Tory voters were in 1997 when they were asked who they voted for in the general election.
Sent from my iPhone using a goat

I voted Labour then. As it looked like they were going to win and my Wife worked with Caplin

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
When Dimbers mentioned Brighton & Hove Coogan said ''thats just where I live'' when Dimbers said surely you are a Seagulls fan? Coogan just shrugged his shoulders, shook his head and made a face as if to say, who?

No he didn't he, when asked if he was a Seagulls supporter he simply said "no no no", there was no shoulder shrug or shake of the head, just the word no repeated and his hands up in a defensive gesture. The "no no no" wasn't because he was dismissing the Albion it was because he wanted to get on with making his point about the question he'd been asked. It's at the 46 min mark on iplayer for those who want to see Coogan deny the Albion's existence.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Two years ago Dimbleby wouldn't have thought to ask the question though..probably. I prefer to take the positive that we are now on the radar.

D

Deleted User X18H

No he didn't he, when asked if he was a Seagulls supporter he simply said "no no no", there was no shoulder shrug or shake of the head, just the word no repeated and his hands up in a defensive gesture. The "no no no" wasn't because he was dismissing the Albion it was because he wanted to get on with making his point about the question he'd been asked. It's at the 46 min mark on iplayer for those who want to see Coogan deny the Albion's existence.

Ahh have you taken the time and effort to prove me wrong. He did say ''that's just were I live'' or words to that effect.

Dimbers - ''Steve Coogan you're a football fan -I thought Brighton and Hove was you er...''

Coogan - ''No thats where I live, I am a Manchester United.......''

Dimbers - ''I thought you were a Seagulls supporter''

Coogan - '' No no no'' (raises hands as if to say who/ what)

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
He's a highly overrated performer, who cares what he thinks, his career is over so bye bye Manch Wank.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Ahh have you taken the time and effort to prove me wrong. He did say ''that's just were I live'' or words to that effect.

Yes but he didn't do anything else you accuse him of. He's perfectly entitled to consider Brighton and Hove as "that's just where I live" and have no over-riding love for the area, he chooses to live in Brighton to be close to his daughter from a previous relationship. He may want to live closer to his roots in the north but he's putting his duties as a father first in living somewhere that isn't his first choice. That's to be praised in my book.

Proving you wrong is a bit like shooting fish in a barrel. Pretty much every time you post here it's some sort of inaccurate bollocks.

D

Deleted User X18H

Yes but he didn't do anything else you accuse him of. He's perfectly entitled to consider Brighton and Hove as "that's just where I live" and have no over-riding love for the area, he chooses to live in Brighton to be close to his daughter from a previous relationship. He may want to live closer to his roots in the north but he's putting his duties as a father first in living somewhere that isn't his first choice. That's to be praised in my book.

Proving you wrong is a bit like shooting fish in a barrel. Pretty much every time you post here it's some sort of inaccurate bollocks.

Not inaccurate, emblazoned yes.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
So if I was famous and on QT and lived in Manchester,and asked if I supported man U, saying "I am a Brighton fan, manchester is just where I live" wouldn't be enough, I would have to say 'aren't Man U doing well,might win the league'?? Sounds patronising to me.

its all pointless anyway, why the hell was that question even asked on QT?

Pat McCrotch

Lurker
Oct 25, 2005
Shoreham-by-the-sea
just for clarification.

[video]http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/7803/e47.mp4[/video]

i guess the question is, has he ever previously associated himself with the "new" Albion in order to big himself up

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I'm the boss.....Hugo Boss

Gareth Cheeseman (on the phone): "Yeah, yeah we'll paint the town, it'll be just like the old days, just you and me, we'll go out and shoot some pool, head into town and get absolutely rat-arsed, yep alright, bye mum, bye"

p12.jpg

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
When Dimbers mentioned Brighton & Hove Coogan said ''thats just where I live'' when Dimbers said surely you are a Seagulls fan? Coogan just shrugged his shoulders, shook his head and made a face as if to say, who?

So if you moved to Manchester who would you support?

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
He didn't even "big" Manchester United up.

Or even dismiss BHA. He just wanted to get onto the next question.

What a load of crap this thread is!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He's a highly overrated performer, who cares what he thinks, his career is over so bye bye Manch Wank.

Really??? I'm just making my way through 'I, Partridge; We need to talk about Alan' and it is page turning funny, and really knits all of the Alan Partridge work together incredibly well. As far as his career being over, his production company Baby Cow Productions is incredibly successful and prolific, and is commissioning all sorts of features, comedies and drama's both here and in the US. Career is over, oh dear, I think you needed to have undertaken a bit more research...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I voted Labour then. As it looked like they were going to win

So if you moved to Manchester who would you support?

Considering the admission above, that he bases his allegiances on glory-hunting grounds, I guess it would be whichever of the Manchester clubs were currently doing better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here