Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Block Names at the Amex (upper ones)..

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
Completely off this topic, bit that reminds me of a VERY thick girl I used to work with. Someone in the office said "Is there an 'h' in Harvey Nichols?", and she replied laughing "Yeah of course! H -a -r!"

I'm sure I would've said the same? lol Why was the question even asked? It's pretty obvious? Unless I'm completely missing the point of the question...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Technically extracting the data is probably simple. I am just surprised that anyone can get the servers directory structure, and the schema of a database without asking for explicit permission.

He won't have done any of that - it will be screen-scraping - using code to programmatically do what we do with our eyes.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
He won't have done any of that - it will be screen-scraping - using code to programmatically do what we do with our eyes.

OK, thanks. I think I get it now. Browse to screen, view page source and in this case look for seats where a='A'.

You learn something new everyday.

I can do that, gizzzus a job!

I am sure the stadium plan for the north is wrong as I am n1a and by west stand

Cheers order actually isn't important as long as I count all the blocks in the stadium.

For those who are interested (and I'm sure most are not). I simply programatically send requests to the ticketing website for each block it gives me the HTML back tht a browser would normally render, however I can do a quick count on this return for the available seats (using a regular expression).

As someone else mentioned this is very similar to how a price comparison website would work.

OK put a little webpage together so anyone can go see these totals: http://amextickets.azurewebsites.net/TicketsAvailable.aspx

tickets.PNG

It cache's for 5mins as I didnt want to spam the official site.

Can add more to it if people want changes, but it should make it easier to count the tickets or at least take the fun out of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here