Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blimey QPR

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Another defeat today. Can't help but get a little enjoyment out of their current situation. I have an irrational dislike for the R's & even more so for their (current) manager.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Hughes to get the sack and then walk straight into the Blackburn job

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I love hearing Hughes say how QPR are going to have a good season and won't be involved in a relegation struggle again. Without him, maybe.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I don't like QPR either. But I have sympathy for Hughes......

See, I'm the other way around. I can't stand Hughes and his arrogance when he thought he would walk into a big job when he left Fulham.

Felt sorry for him when he was booted out of City, but I think that proved a good move.

Great player, mediocre manager.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Feel sorry for Bobby, but otherwise... screw 'em!

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I know they are still being bankrolled but surely they'd be in big trouble if they do go down. Small crowds and one of the largest wage bills in the Premiership is a recipe for disaster (just ask Portsmouth).

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Never hated QPR, they're one of those clubs I always found unobjectionable (like Charlton, Fulham etc). Suddenly everyone seems to hate them. Even my son hates them. I find this confusing.
I can't stand 'Sparky' though.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
QPRs prime problem (amongst Adel Tarrabt being a twat)is the fact their are team that has all been thrown together pretty much over the last year. Hughes still doesn't have an established back four, the players are still sussing out each others strengths and weaknesses & Adel Tarrabt is a twat. QPR will eventually sort it out but I reckon they'll finish around 16th. The Premier League won't wait for them but the quality will eventually come out... By the way Adel Tarrabt is a complete twat!!!

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Never hated QPR, they're one of those clubs I always found unobjectionable (like Charlton, Fulham etc). Suddenly everyone seems to hate them. Even my son hates them. I find this confusing.
I can't stand 'Sparky' though.

Agree with that. Never had a problem with QPR. I think it's the fact that they are throwing silly money at average players that people don't like.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
Go on then enlighten me ... why is Adel a twat?

Tarrabt is a quality player but his attitude is shocking. He has the potential to be a top player but his petulence is likely to be his downfall. Shaun Derry said himself last season there were times QPR were down to 10 men because Tarrabt threw a strop or decided he didnt want to play. It was only early this year Morroco were toying with the idea of dropping him for his poor attitude. I do hope this enlightens you sufficiently

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Whatever happens, I don't think Mark Hughes is doing himself a favour by turning up to the press conference with 2 days of stubble... he has to be favourite to go.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Got on Sparky to be first manager sacked at 6/1. Decent value I think considering.

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
Should never have sacked Colin.
Absolutely this. He was given a target (out of the bottom 3 at the end of December) and he achieved this (only just) and was sacked. In the 4.5 months he had we picked up 10 points away from home.

Hughes has been there since January, had 2 transfers windows, spent a lot of money, a complete pre-season and has amassed 2 points away from home. £50k a week on a keeper who has been poor and is now warming the bench, Taarabt and Mackie struggle to get in the team yet Shaun Wright Phillips starts every week. We've put in one excellent performance (against the Scum) and one good performance (against Spurs), the rest has been shit.

We're now caught in a very difficult place - sack Hughes and the old 'QPR sack another manager' starts but if he stays I'm confident we'll go down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here