Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blimey it was a sell out today?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
For pity's sake, just stop digging, at this rate you'll never be able to climb out.
Not digging, just putting all the j'accuse assumers back in their boxes because they're unable to tell the difference between an observation between normal empty STH seats and the rest in a 'sell out.' A lot of fans seem extremely precious about any thread concerning attendances even if it is about matchday sales.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I struggle to care about who has turned up and who hasn't. As someone else mentioned, at any given point in a match there are plenty of people not in their seats. Yesterday a lot of people missed the second goal judging by the numbers who rushed in carrying coffees just after. Bit unfortunate for them but it really doesn't matter. On the other hand I don't go to Tuesday night games so it's nice to know there are people wondering where I am and if I am OK :)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I struggle to care about who has turned up and who hasn't. As someone else mentioned, at any given point in a match there are plenty of people not in their seats. Yesterday a lot of people missed the second goal judging by the numbers who rushed in carrying coffees just after. Bit unfortunate for them but it really doesn't matter. On the other hand I don't go to Tuesday night games so it's nice to know there are people wondering where I am and if I am OK :)
Have you bought a matchday ticket only for Ipswich game? Is it likely to sell out? And if you struggle to care...why are you posting on this thread?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Have you bought a matchday ticket only for Ipswich game? Is it likely to sell out? And if you struggle to care...why are you posting on this thread?

Nope, my wife and I won't be using our season tickets on Tuesday. We will be in the warm with nice cups of coffee and listening to the radio commentary . I'm posting on the thread old chap to express the opposite point of view.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Nope, my wife and I won't be using our season tickets on Tuesday. We will be in the warm with nice cups of coffee and listening to the radio commentary . I'm posting on the thread old chap to express the opposite point of view.
But it's not about ST no shows so your opposite point of view isn't relevant?

Jan 30, 2008
Just reading BBC report which mentions and didn't realise it was. Guess we sold out in the way Arsenal
do. I know people can't make every game like me but we must have a lot on the day no shows who have actually bought tickets rather than ST's as noticed still lots gaps in areas not open normally.

Wonder how many home seats weren't actually taken today? 2-3k?
probably:hilton:
regards
DR

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Was simply wondering how you know whether an empty seat is STH or not.
What do you want? Grid references? You know because some areas aren't for sale normally and still had empties yday. Plus there are lots of pockets in many stands where people are very rarely seated. Must be entire groups of people who coordinate their stay aways for every game if STH; or you can just take a punt on them being non STH seats because that would be highly unusual.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I have a tendency to take threads off topic when some other aspect gets my interest. I do the same thing in the pub in real life. Must be an age thing. Apologies.
And nothing wrong with that, enjoy your pint.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
What do you want? Grid references? You know because some areas aren't for sale normally and still had empties yday. Plus there are lots of pockets in many stands where people are very rarely seated. Must be entire groups of people who coordinate their stay aways for every game if STH; or you can just take a punt on them being non STH seats because that would be highly unusual.
So a 'punt' then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here