Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blayney to sign

craigo

Jul 19, 2005
portslade
I heard that alan blayney is to sign for the albion from southampton for £100,000

good or bad signing your views.:ohmy:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
If Blayney signs for £100k then I'll be happy. If we were to pay that much money he would certainly be first choice keeper, just wonder where that would leave Kuipers. Sonner or later he's gonna get pissed off with being 2nd choice behind every keeper that joins.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I rate the guy very highly, he is probably worth 100k and, if true, I can see us having keeper grumbles when FDM is fit as I believe he is good enough to challenge for the no1 spot BUT I can't see us paying 100k for him.

DannyBhoy

Jul 5, 2003
Burwash, East Sussex
blayney was superb for us last season made some outstanding save such as:

save at coventry and burnley come to mind.

would be my first choice!!!

Last edited:

Still not happy if we'd have to pay a fee for him though.... we need some left sided players urgently and if Kuipers can stay injury-free we're sorted really because he's easily among the best keepers in this division.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Since when have we ever had a true backup keeper??

Kuipers was signed as backup for Cartwright, and if I remember rightly Ben Roberts was only signed as cover/competition for Kuipers.

Seems to me its only sensible to have 2 quality keepers on the books, we'll undoubtedly use both extensively and it saves these short-term loan gambles.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
and if Kuipers can stay injury-free we're sorted really because he's easily among the best keepers in this division.

But this is the issue, if he can stay injury free.

In each of the last 4 seasons he has missed a chunk due to a bad injury, so it seems he cannot and then we seem to end up scratching around for loan keepers. So getting some competition for the place will be good.

Uncle Buck said:
But this is the issue, if he can stay injury free.

In each of the last 4 seasons he has missed a chunk due to a bad injury, so it seems he cannot and then we seem to end up scratching around for loan keepers. So getting some competition for the place will be good.

True, it'd certainly be a gamble. But is it one we can afford to take? £100k could get us the decent young creative midfielder our squad is screaming out for.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
True, it'd certainly be a gamble. But is it one we can afford to take? £100k could get us the decent young creative midfielder our squad is screaming out for.

Not sure 100k would get you a creative midfielder, like decent strikers there are not many of them around so they tend to cost a bit. I think the fact that Kuipers has not played a game in pre-season means we need a keeper and the two nippers are not ready and Jack, well Dundee got relegated from the Scottish Pub League, which really says it all.

Also 100k for a keeper that is about 22, good business if he does prove to be a sucess.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
£100K would be a small price to pay for one goal that could save us from relegation.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
wait and see.......I dunno you lot are so impatient :lolol:

DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:

According to McGhee, he is getting a sizeable share of both Virgo and Harding money. A fee of £100k is not going to eat up all of that. My guess would be that we would be paying £100k for a couple of players rather than players on a free.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here