Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blayney fee agreed

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Today's Argus

Albion hope to resolve their goalkeeping crisis today by bringing Alan Blayney back to Withdean permanently from Southampton.

A small fee has been agreed with Saints for the Northern Ireland custodian, who had a successful spell on loan at the end of last season.

The Seagulls need Blayney as Michel Kuipers is still recovering from major shoulder surgery and will not be ready for the start of the season.

The other keepers on Albion's books, youngsters Richard Martin and John Sullivan, are not ready for first team action.

Manager Mark McGhee said: "Michel is getting better all the time but he's not had a game yet.

"The youngsters have done allright but you wouldn't want to throw them into a League game at this stage."

McGhee, even with the addition of Blayney, still wants five more outfield players to bolster his Albion squad for their second season in the Championship. He is after two centre halves, a leftback, left winger and right winger.

(and for all the moaners - please note the last sentence)

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Nice one.
Morning Yorkie.:wave:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Morning Bakesy :wave:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This is very worrying..

for Ernest :)

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
10 posts a no moans,its a record!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,and its a friday:wave: :clap2: :clap2:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Row Z Creased Shirt said:
This is great news. Blayney played a key role in steadying the ship at the end of last season. This will go a long way to shoring up our rather leaky defence.:clap2:

Very true. Decent communication between the keeper and defence is vital, as is being able to command the box. Blayney appears to be good at both so it should give the defence a little more confidence and there should be more sureness about their play back there.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The Great Cornholio said:
Bah - potless won't open his purse. McGoo will sign 5 35 year olds, we'll be down by September, burning season ticket, embarassment etc, etc.

Thought I'd give it a go! :jester:

:lolol:

I read that without lookin at the posters name! Could have sworn it was Ernest !

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Good to see a fee has been agreed and it is small. As much as we need Blaney I didn't want to see a huge amount of money spent on him, leaving nothing left for the rest of the team strengthening.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Yorkie said:
Today's Argus
McGhee, even with the addition of Blayney, still wants five more outfield players to bolster his Albion squad for their second season in the Championship. He is after two centre halves, a leftback, left winger and right winger.

(and for all the moaners - please note the last sentence)

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Good news ...I wonder who the other five are?

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
The Great Cornholio said:
Bah - potless won't open his purse. McGoo will sign 5 35 year olds, we'll be down by September, burning season ticket, embarassment etc, etc.

Thought I'd give it a go! :jester:

will join you TGC!

Potless pillock will be pocketing the money for his retirement and lapdog will left with nothing in the purse- you'll see. Magoo will sign a load of crocked players like fish with his broken knee, what a joker

any good?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here