Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blatter re-elected as FIFA President

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
totally cringeworthy , petulant display from blatter......79 years old ffs.......surely he should have a psyche test for dementia seeing as he appears to be so forgetful and in charge of a supposedly "not for profit" organisation which happens to have almost 300 million in the bank.

horrible little weasly fecker....!!

I think you will find FIFA has $2 billion in the bank!

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
If EUFA went alone would Platini be any different?

The same Platini that voted for Qatar? He didn't really put up much of a struggle did he? "I told Blatter as a friend, it's time to go". Platini is as much a waste of space and just as anti English as Splatter.
How anyone who voted for Qatar to host a WC can be taken seriously is beyond me.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The same Platini that voted for Qatar? He didn't really put up much of a struggle did he? "I told Blatter as a friend, it's time to go". Platini is as much a waste of space and just as anti English as Splatter.
How anyone who voted for Qatar to host a WC can be taken seriously is beyond me.

Precisely a case of jumping out of the frying pan into the fire. It would be better if the FIFA executive committee could control him, as a President or chairman of a committee is only as strong and influencial as the committee allows them to be. They just have to be of one voice so that he just rubber stamps their decisions. The same could be said of Platini and EUFA.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

The French and Spanish delegates both voted for Blatter on Friday because of the amount of Qatari investment in their respective countries.

Geopolitics, not footballing issues, determined the awarding of the World Cup finals. England's bid was a waste of time and money, but they were too wrapped up in their own self importance to realise it.

Blatter has done a fantastic job for the smaller nations in terms of development projects. Some of that money has been diverted by corrupt officials, but there's good as well as bad FIFA delegates. It's oversimplistic to tar them with the same brush.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast

Have joked elsewhere that we should give the job of destroying the Qatar stadia to ISIL, give them something that people would support to do. Maybe send Tony Blair out there to negotiate the contract, huh?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Interesting close to 2% of the local population will die building the venues. Of course it won't be locals it will be migrants.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here