Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blatter re-elected as FIFA President

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think that the main problem of UEFA leaving FIFA would be that FIFA would immediately say that any players from their remaining members would not be allowed to play again for their national teams or clubs.
I'm not sure what FIFA could legally do to stop people working, but I think that line of attack would cause countries that don't leave, more trouble than countries that do. The big money is earned in Europe and the US, and players want to earn that big money. If those players then want to represent their country, playing in a tournament set up by the new group (UEFA & others), then they could, FIFA couldn't stop that. How many Argentinians and Brazilians play in Europe and the US? Enough to make a pretty decent team I would imagine.

I'm not sure how the Argies, Brazilians and African players, etc, would react to that.
Mmm, £300k per week, or give it up and play in a WC once every 4 years (if you're not injured) that no longer includes the big nations. Bye bye FIFA.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think the main issue with splitting away is that you wouldn't have a truly global game nor a truly global World Cup. A bad thing.
What we have now is a bad thing. It wouldn't be a true WC, but it could be again - all other countries would be free to join the new organisation, and there could be a tipping point where it becomes more profitable for them to do so.

Is Blatter paying people/associations off?
:lol:

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
I'm not sure what FIFA could legally do to stop people working, but I think that line of attack would cause countries that don't leave, more trouble than countries that do. The big money is earned in Europe and the US, and players want to earn that big money. If those players then want to represent their country, playing in a tournament set up by the new group (UEFA & others), then they could, FIFA couldn't stop that. How many Argentinians and Brazilians play in Europe and the US? Enough to make a pretty decent team I would imagine.

Mmm, £300k per week, or give it up and play in a WC once every 4 years (if you're not injured) that no longer includes the big nations. Bye bye FIFA.

Absolutely Trigg. Singing your National Anthem out loud every four years must be great, however £300,000 smackers a week.... I wonder which would be prefered!!!!

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
How many Argentinians and Brazilians play in Europe and the US? Enough to make a pretty decent team I would imagine.

Which would not be recognised by their home FAs if they remained within FIFA.

Out of interest who do you realistically think would leave FIFA? For all UEFA's noises about voting against Blatter, a number still did.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Out of interest who do you realistically think would leave FIFA? For all UEFA's noises about voting against Blatter, a number still did.

For Argentina Brazil etc to join it would need their FA to agree to send a national team so your first point doesnt exist as a problem.

I agree with your 2nd point just a lot of hot air unless Blatter is specifically identified in the allegations.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If their FA is still affiliated to FIFA then they wouldn't be sending or agreeing to players or teams joining any breakaway organisation, which was the original point I was making.

I understand what you are saying but the National team is part of the national FA so there would either be a team entered and they withdrew from FIFA or no team entered. A team couldnt be entered calling themselves Argentina without their FA having approved it. So it wouldnt happen it is either all or nothing.

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
I am not sure why people think anything fundamental will change
if Blatter is not in charge

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
the man was looking dicidedly shifty tonight on the news, how dare they ask such awkward questions, lets hope he is not thinking of visiting the USA in the near future otherwise they might frog march him off for a few questions.

just resign you little rat and do us all a favour

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
the man was looking dicidedly shifty tonight on the news, how dare they ask such awkward questions, lets hope he is not thinking of visiting the USA in the near future otherwise they might frog march him off for a few questions.

So say all of us .but you do realise this is all a conspiracy for us and the USA to get the next World Cups according to Blatter

Last edited:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
So say all of us .but you do realise this is all a conspiracy for us and the USA to get the next World Cups.

SO
and whats good for the goose is also good for the gander
yep and I might just get another world cup in England before I shift off this mortal coil

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So say all of us .but you do realise this is all a conspiracy for us and the USA to get the next World Cups.
Like it.

This is all just us out doing the corruption with our own better dirty tricks.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There would be a new home FA, that would be part of the new united group, and nothing to do with FIFA. The players would earn a fortune in the Premier League, La Liga, the Bundesliga, Serai A, and they'd play in the Champions League, and they'd also get to play in massive World Cups that include the best countries and players from around the world. Meanwhile, those that don't want to be part of it, can play for the old corrupt organisation that doesn't have any decent teams anymore.

Unfortunately I don't think any will, because they're too stupid. But I think if the majority of European countries did, that would be enough. US and Australia would also leave, and more would follow as the prestige and money went with the new group.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
There would be a new home FA, that would be part of the new united group, and nothing to do with FIFA. The players would earn a fortune in the Premier League, La Liga, the Bundesliga, Serai A, and they'd play in the Champions League, and they'd also get to play in massive World Cups that include the best countries and players from around the world. Meanwhile, those that don't want to be part of it, can play for the old corrupt organisation that doesn't have any decent teams anymore.

They can be part of a new corrupt organisation instead!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

totally cringeworthy , petulant display from blatter......79 years old ffs.......surely he should have a psyche test for dementia seeing as he appears to be so forgetful and in charge of a supposedly "not for profit" organisation which happens to have almost 300 million in the bank.

horrible little weasly fecker....!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here