Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blatter re-elected as FIFA President

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
How does the process work? Why is there only one other contestant? Why don't any of the European countries put someone up for election?

Platini had an agreement with Blatter that the 2018 World Cup would go to a UEFA country, and in return Platini would not stand against Blatter for the FIFA presidency.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If UEFA pull out, I'm backing them 100%, regardless of consequences.
If UEFA bottle it, and the FA pulls out, I'm 100% behind them, even if it means only home internationals and a few friendlies against foreign opposition for the next few years.

How about if all Sky Sports subscribers notified Sky that they are cancelling their subscriptions the day before the World Cup finals start? - that would put a bomb under something.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
He's a solution then

1e2f0fedbd2f5ba57ca1d6b333c6d0ea.jpg

:Nono:

Irrelevant meaningless bullsh*t.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Blatter was like a dog with two dicks in his acceptance speech this evening.

He'll look a bit less smug when the FIFA officials arrested earlier this week grass him up and the FBI drag him out of bed in his pants at 5am

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Irrelevant meaningless bullsh*t.

To suggest someone invloved with FIFA is expecting a cut is meaningless, rather unlikely isn't it? Or are you a Blair apologist?

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
How on earth does he have the gall to say he will fix FIFA. What the f**k has he been doing for the last 15 years?

Africa clearly support him but that is probably the most corrupt continent just ahead of Asia.

Seriously hope that all sponsors withdraw now and that UEFA countries do not go to Russia or Qatar. But it will never happen.

15 years! He has been there for 40 years! First as Secretary then as President. He is ingrained in FIFA and if he doesn't know what's going on, who does?
Lets see how many sponsors withdraw, that will be the test and you can make your own decisions based on that.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I fear that neither the sponsors or UEFA will pull out of FIFA. And if the arrested officials don't have anything on Sepp; he may very well survive along with his corrupt and repugnant FIFA. I'm sure that he has got one last dodgy World Cup hosting selection in him. He has made a lot of self interested corruptible people very rich and he'll try and do the same for the next four years. Very sad.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
If UEFA bottle it, and the FA pulls out, I'm 100% behind them, even if it means only home internationals and a few friendlies against foreign opposition for the next few years.

How about if all Sky Sports subscribers notified Sky that they are cancelling their subscriptions the day before the World Cup finals start? - that would put a bomb under something.

Greg Dyke has said England will not take action unilaterally, so there is no way we will pull out on our own (if UEFA could get us, Germany, Spain and France to pull out, it would force the hand of the sponsors - there is absolutely no way they will countenance a WC without their biggest customers).

Sky don't have the WC.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Platini had an agreement with Blatter that the 2018 World Cup would go to a UEFA country, and in return Platini would not stand against Blatter for the FIFA presidency.

That's just Platini though. Doesn't any other European country have a person who could stand? My point being is that numerous nations are moaning about Blatter but surely the easiest, not to mention, democratic way to get him out is to put someone up against him who can beat him. If Labour want Cameron out they have to put their electable person up against him, moaning won't do it. Seriously though, I have no idea how the FIFA election process works so I might be missing something but if Luis Figo can stand then surely anyone can?

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Football and Formula one.......very similar in my opinion....Less of a sport more of a money grabbing business from the players/ drivers to the top :rant:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean

World Cup would be on terrestrial TV surely?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
A very revealing statement from Prince Ali's afterwards I thought - 73 associations have been very brave and I do not want to get them into MORE trouble.

I noticed that, though not much was made of it by anyone. So, that means Blatter is once again autonomous and will be vindictive towards those who voted against him. That'll go down well.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I noticed that, though not much was made of it by anyone. So, that means Blatter is once again autonomous and will be vindictive towards those who voted against him. That'll go down well.
Well said. Can't remember which journalist, but i think it was one from either the mirror or sun, picked up on that on sky news immediately after the statement was made. Pretty much said exactly what you've said about Blatter.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Platini couldn't even get the French delegate to vote against Blatter, so there is zero chance of a UEFA boycott in 2018.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here