Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blatter gone

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I guessed within two years so whilst this counts it is eallier than i would have guessed on a date!

Voting reform would be good sothis outrageous situation would be more unlikely to happen again

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
L
Blatter is NOT GOING ANYWHERE! He will do a Farage - mark my words. The election will be set for next March, plenty of time to change his mind. Meantime he will ensure FIFA remains the same with his corrupt supporters in status quo. He will ensure 100% the 2018 & 2022 World Cups go ahead. He has done this to head off UEFA's meeting on Saturday to ensure they don't boycott FIFA or the upcoming World Cups. Remember, he has changed his mind before and is a political genius; profoundly adept at keeping power. NO CHANGE HERE FOLKS!

Edit: In addition, in case it's not clear; he is still a ****

Wouldn't suprise me in the least.

Will be interesting to see if he still goes to the Women's World Cup in Canada. He's avoided going to the U.S. since 2010 and he cannot be extradited from Switzerland as Swiss nationals are excluded from the Swiss/U.S treaty. Jerome Valcke has suddenly announced he's not going to the WWC which is a bit of a coincidence with the South African bribe news coming out.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The cynic in me wonders if he went through with the Presidential election simply as a stalling tactic. A chance for FIFA to avoid a reformer like Prince Ali, get their own man in temporary charge, draw out the next election - you're 6 months closer to both World Cups.
Not a bad theory, but ........
Maybe Russia and/or Qatar, starting to worry about a UEFA breakaway and boycotts f***ing up - or even taking away - their World Cups if Splatter stayed in power had a quiet word with him involving something much worse than knee-capping if he didn't resign to stop this happening.
Conspiracy theories - don't you just love 'em!
Glad the slimy sod has gone - but not 100% sure it will turn out to be good news; it might be the get-out option that allows FIFA to carry on regardless.
Could be just changing the deck-chairs on the Titanic.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If, and it's a huge if, they elect a reformer, then they'll have to have a rerun of the voting for 2018 and 2022.

If they go for someone within Blatter's circle, and I Include Platini in that, then nothing will change. I can't see Platini pushing for a revote.

Platini was a big supporter of Qatar for 2022.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Despite getting re-elected, he was a dead man walking. Only his own personal vanity saw him go through with that election charade, a final chance to wave triumphantly on a podium. Maybe it was the emergence of the letter today from SA proving that Valcke (and so implicitly HE) was fully aware of the $10m bung from South Africa to Warner. Likely it is the prospect of further stinking revelations (via transcripts from Blazer) which would have make his position completely untenable.

Either way, he's been a dead man walking since last week. He was never going to survive this.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i like the fact he will be referred to henceforth as " disgraced , former fifa president" every time his name arises...i think it suits him...!!

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Blatter' resignation comes with caveats. He's not going until next December or March during which he will restructure the organisation (attempt to keep the dead buried), and gain time to smear the U.S. Investigation by playing at politics. He can line up a successor and bury the evidence. Apparatently the Feds are undertaking the investigation as they would a New York racketeering case by trying to get people to squeal on the godfather (Blatter).
I think that in a few days/weeks there will be sufficient pressure to make him go immediately especially if sponsors add more pressure. Then again as the whole organisation is run on favour and corruption it may take longer.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I agree with this. One nation, one vote is the fairest option.

Whilst I agree with this in principle, you are always going to get a problem when the level of money FIFA hand over to poorer countries exceeds their own budgets for sport. I always get the impression that so many government officials in so called third world countries have a tendency to line their own pockets. It is no wonder that Blatter has had such a level of support from the African associations; whilst FIFA may have made a positive contribution to their football development, I fancy that a lot of folk have made their fortunes put of it.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Whilst I agree with this in principle, you are always going to get a problem when the level of money FIFA hand over to poorer countries exceeds their own budgets for sport. I always get the impression that so many government officials in so called third world countries have a tendency to line their own pockets. It is no wonder that Blatter has had such a level of support from the African associations; whilst FIFA may have made a positive contribution to their football development, I fancy that a lot of folk have made their fortunes put of it.

he has learned that tactic from his buddy Robert Gabriel Mugabe.

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
so it was criminal investigations and not fanciful notions of boycott which did for Blatter

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here