Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
When there are no clear rules and no oversight it is almost impossible to be guilty of anything.

Exactly.

When an organisation effectively says it’s absolutely fine to take bribes, backhanders etc, how can someone then be at fault for taking bribes, backhanders etc?

Allegedly; because of course this is a totally fictional organisation I’ve just made up, it’s not referring to FIFA at all.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Under Swiss law this was always going to happen. Many of the journalists who were on this a long time ago expected this result because it is an incredibly difficult thing to be prosecuted for in Switzerland

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
No surprise. Those two are as honest as the day is long.

My thoughts exactly. Who hasn't had their son appointed to a Qatari energy board with no experience in the industry, Voted for the Qatar World Cup and oversaw Qatar bankrolling PSG? All a massive coincidence that is in no way fraud.

If I was Platini i'd counter sue.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I assume after this verdict they will be welcomed back into the football family?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I assume after this verdict they will be welcomed back into the football family?

Probably not.

Dont think anyone is going to bother taking this any further though.

The associations who (finally) made things happen to get rid of these men got their tournament in 2026 so theres not a whole lot of reason to keep kicking these dirty old dogs.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So was the Swiss case full of holes?

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Remember the case was solely about the payment for 'overdue salary' for Platini, and the 'false' allegation that it was a bribe for Blatter to support his re-election.

All the other bribes, bungs and gifts they allegedly got over the decades were not part of the process. Clearly a massively corrupt organisation, whose prime aim is to enrich those at the top of it*

*See also Tory government.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Qatar are hosting the World Cup, tells you all you need to know

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No surprise. Those two are as honest as the day is long.

Inside the arctic circle in December?

Edit beaten to it by [MENTION=32905]B-right-on[/MENTION]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here