Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blanch House - For Sale

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
A boutique hotel has been put up for sale – just weeks after its reality TV star owners mysteriously shut-up shop.

Chris Edwardes and Amanda Blanch shot to fame after appearing on The Real Swiss Family Robinson where they spoke about what to do with Blanch House in Brighton.

The pair revealed they had racked up debts of £1 million in the nine years the business in Atlingworth Street was open.

Now The Argus can reveal the five-storey property has been put up for sale by receivers with a guide price of £950,000 just weeks after it was reported the couple had moved.

According to Christies which is managing the sale: “Blanch House occupies a good position in a prominent trading location in the centre of Brighton.

“It comprises 12 individually styled en suite letting bedrooms, a 70s-inspired lounge and cocktail bar and a 40-cover restaurant suitable for breakfast, lunch and dinner trading.

“There is also a lower ground floor, one-bedroom flat providing owner’s/manager’s accommodation.”

Article from The Argus

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
According to Christies which is managing the sale: “Blanch House occupies a good position in a prominent trading location in the centre of Brighton."

Atlingworth Street? ???

Good luck to Chris and Amanda tho, they'll make a go of it elsewhere other than this debt-laden hole for sure. Ibiza maybe? Lovely couple. Top quality food, albeit first time I ate there I almost burst into tears at the size of the bill :ohmy:

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
Chris introduced me to Joe Strummer and although I couldn't string more than two words together at the time, for that I will love him and his goatee forever.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Nice cocktail bar, the cucumber cocktail they used to do was very nice.

1066 seagull

Sep 25, 2008
Brighton
I use to live next door to this hotel when it was known as 'The Kimberly' a rather old school cheap B&B. Then came the transformation into a 'boutique' hotel. Obviously room prices tripled/quadrupled/quin?? whatever the phrase is but the trendy punters obviously liked it. I remember looking at their website and noticing there was one room just a tad bigger than the bed that occupied it and the only decor I could see was a pop art type image hanging on the wall - how on earth people thought that was boutique (and accordingly a minimum of £100 per night) baffled me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here