Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackwell

bigfanofcullip

Aug 12, 2003
I'll come straight out with it - Guy Butters is not good enough to play with anny Cullip in my opinion.

Yes he is a considerably improved player to the one we saw last year but his form that does not say a great deal. He has had a couple of superb games for us but what I do know is that he and Danny do not defend well together. They just don't look a comfortable partnership.

How long is Dean Blackwell out for? What we really need is him back in the side.

Oh yeah and an experienced striker and a ball winning midfielder and a full back and a creative midfielder and a pacey winger who can cross and a ...... (just kidding).

Don't slag me off for not appreciating the work Butters has put in because I do - in fact the weight he has lost is amazing. I just still don't think he's good enough to be first choice partner for Danny.

Weezle

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The fact is they don't work well together - they're not a partnership.

Before those two played together we had only conceded 10 goals all season. Butters ismuch improved but he shouldn't be Danny's partner. Bring in Virgo or Pethick until Blackwell's back. We've gone from the best to worst defence in the division. :(

bigfanofcullip

Aug 12, 2003
Well if Blackwell is out for the whole season Pethick would be better than Butters as a partner for Danny.

Weezle has taken my original point exactly as it was intended - Butters and Danny are not a great PARTNERSHIP.

You can have two great defenders (I'm not suggesting Butters is one) but if they don't communicate or gel then you have chaos (or Bristol City strikers having free headers from six yards out as the case was yesterday). The whole defence is in disarray and we either need to find a back four that works as a unit or change the formation. If we think we are a side challenging for promotion this has to be done NOW.

When McGhee joined I really thought he was going to be a man with contacts and be able to get hold of a couple of quality players. He's seen how shit some of our's can be - so now's as good a time as any. Come on McGhee, sort it out.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
bigfanofcullip said:
Well if Blackwell is out for the whole season Pethick would be better than Butters as a partner for Danny.

Weezle has taken my original point exactly as it was intended - Butters and Danny are not a great PARTNERSHIP.

You can have two great defenders (I'm not suggesting Butters is one) but if they don't communicate or gel then you have chaos (or Bristol City strikers having free headers from six yards out as the case was yesterday). The whole defence is in disarray and we either need to find a back four that works as a unit or change the formation. If we think we are a side challenging for promotion this has to be done NOW.

When McGhee joined I really thought he was going to be a man with contacts and be able to get hold of a couple of quality players. He's seen how shit some of our's can be - so now's as good a time as any. Come on McGhee, sort it out.

to be far to magoo he has done the right thing and given the players a decent space of time to prove (or not) them selves to him

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Spot on with this one, if you think about the defence, all three besides Cullip yesterday suffer from a serious lack of pace with Butters being the worse. Weird thing is about Butters is he doesn't really jump that high (mind you this prompts an obvious answer). First three goals yesterday were down to attackers running at us and our defence cacking themselves.
Time to go back to Barnet Guy!

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
its weird, in the three games cullip DIDNT play, we only conceded one goal(Luton,Rushden,Blackpool), and that was a penalty.
bring back Pethick( as a CB)

larus

Cullip is playing pretty bad at the moment. he was responsible for one of their goals yesterday, bollocks other players for his f***-ups.

Butters is winning a lot of headers and his distribution and long balls are fairly good. I would rather see Danny dropped than Cullip.

Don't be misled by the past, look at the present. Cullip is not performing. It would be worth trying virgo with Butters IMHO.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
bigc said:
cullip is playing worse than him at the moment

Although it pains mt to say it, I think that DC is playing shite at the moment. He seems to kick the ball anywhere but to one of his own players.

:shootself

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
DC is definately struggling at the moment, but I think it's mainly down to not being able to operate in the same team as Butters.

On present form, it has to be Cullip who gets dropped, as he seems to be all at sea.

I always thought Virgo looked solid when he played regularly a couple of seasons ago, and would like to see him given another chance.

It may just be that the defence's confidence id falling away because the midfield are non-existent, so they are getting overrun.

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Despite a run of several clean sheets at the beginning of the season, these two simply do not have the undertstanding they should. I don't think Danny trusts Butters - and it shows. Danny should let Butters do his stuff and not keep getting out of position to compensate for Butters making a potential mistake.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Finally someone I agree with re Butters.
Hes never been upto it.

Hinshelwood Should play centre half with Cullip, Watson back in at Right back, end of problem IMHO.

I will get my way eventually ! Butters and Kuipers nnooooo

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here