Blackstock Anyone ?!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

He is one of those players that I hate to see coming on against us.. definitely has something that on its day can be very effective.. if CH thinks Manu is worth investing in, then I would like to see him given a chance, similarly Harper et al.. just something different/unknown when we need it..

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
He is one of those players that I hate to see coming on against us.. definitely has something that on its day can be very effective.. if CH thinks Manu is worth investing in, then I would like to see him given a chance, similarly Harper et al.. just something different/unknown when we need it..

I freely admit I have no idea about Blackstock, but do agree with the position that there is no point in bringing in another body just for the sake of it. We do have plenty of cover already, we won't be left without any options - so any new option needs to be better than what we have. With Murphy, Knockhaert, Skalak and Manu ( and Solly?) all able to play in Baldocks position I hardly think we are 'down to bare bones'. So anyone we bring in has to be more than just OK.

My view is that Manu may yet suprise us all. I thought he showed something at Oxford. Relatively small improvements in positioning and finishing (and maybe attitude) and I suspect he'd be be a cracking player at this level. He is clearly showing something in training or he'd have disappeared completely by now.

We definitely need an extra striker, as cover for injuries. But if he isn't as good as what we have, what's the point, other than to warm the bench every now and again. There are a number of players that can fill in at the number 10 role on an adhoc basis, or we simply adapt and play a 4-5-1 system, and allow our midfield the chance to add some goals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports