Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackpools training ground

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Another club doomed for oblivion because of the bellend tossers that run it !!!
Shame on them.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011

Should have picked a sign writer than can spell EXCELLENCE properly too !!!

FFS OYSTON OUT !!!!! It's criminal what he's done to this club or rather hasn't done.

SAC

May 21, 2014
People also need to remember how 'tinpot' our training facilities were prior to moving to Lancing this season.

The university pitches were terrible, the changing facilities were 'old school' and we had to share a canteen.

Don't think we should be giving it the 'Billy Big Bollocks' bearing in mind what we've been through.

A club that doesn’t spend enough and makes a profit is tinpot.
A club that makes a £14.7 million* loss is perfect
A club that makes a loss of anything more than we do is flouting FFP and should be castigated

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
It doesn't get any better:

Former assistant manager Bart De Roover has claimed Blackpool failed to produce a contract for him to sign, prompting him to leave the Championship club.
The 47-year-old former Royal Antwerp boss moved to Bloomfield Road in the summer, but was never officially announced as Jose Riga's number two.
Asked by BBC Radio Lancashire whether he had been paid, De Roover said: "No. I didn't have a contract so I left."
Blackpool have said they will release a statement in response.
Belgian De Roover continued: "September was my deadline. I think that is big loyalty to Blackpool.
"I stayed for the fans, out of respect for the players and especially for Jose Riga who is not only a big gaffer, a good trainer and coach, but a good person and character.
"Jose is working like a real professional. I couldn't take any more really, for me it was enough."

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Blackpool built a new stand when they got to the Prem... didn't they? That would explain some of the cash.

...about two hundred & fifty quid of it, if you've ever sat in that stand.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Is that where the away fans are? That's freezing

Yep. They slung up a temporary stand when they got promoted, the one with the tarpaulin roof and supporting pillars along the length of the stand. God forbid their chairman should spend money on a permanent structure.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Yep. They slung up a temporary stand when they got promoted, the one with the tarpaulin roof and supporting pillars along the length of the stand. God forbid their chairman should spend money on a permanent structure.

Better than the previous stand though.

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
In the year Blackpool were in the Premier League, they spent 48% of total revenue on wages (the second lowest), however that included an £11 million figure paid to the highest director, if you took his 'earnings' out of total wages Blackpool spent 26% of total revenue on wages (which is ridiculously low). There total wage costs were £25 million for the season, so the one director almost got paid as much as all the other players and staff for that year in the PL.

Whilst it doesn't answer the question 'where has all the money gone', it certainly gives some clues...

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Under Mullery we mostly trained on Hove Rec and it didn't seem to do much harm.

Sometimes the pitch at Corals, sometimes around the Goldstone 'track' and pre season at Waterhall and Falmer, as you say predominately through the season at the Hove Rec., I used to see them walk up from the Goldstone.

Unimaginable theses days .....

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
It doesn't get any better:

Former assistant manager Bart De Roover has claimed Blackpool failed to produce a contract for him to sign, prompting him to leave the Championship club.
The 47-year-old former Royal Antwerp boss moved to Bloomfield Road in the summer, but was never officially announced as Jose Riga's number two.
Asked by BBC Radio Lancashire whether he had been paid, De Roover said: "No. I didn't have a contract so I left."
Blackpool have said they will release a statement in response.
Belgian De Roover continued: "September was my deadline. I think that is big loyalty to Blackpool.
"I stayed for the fans, out of respect for the players and especially for Jose Riga who is not only a big gaffer, a good trainer and coach, but a good person and character.
"Jose is working like a real professional. I couldn't take any more really, for me it was enough."

Sammy Lee. Compare and contrast.

Weren't Blackpool one of the only clubs to make a profit in the Football & Premier League? That being said, we can hardly criticise the likes of Forest and QPR for flouting FFP rules while also calling Blackpool tinpot because they can't afford decent training facilities within their means.

Academies, stadia and training facilities are exempt from FFP. So Blackpool could've spent some of their Premier League money on a new training ground, complied with FFP and not be 'tin pot'!

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I feel rather sorry for the real fans. I'm not into gloating over this as we've been down that road of getting screwed over by the club's owners.

I get the feeling, though, that it's only going to get worse for them and the only solution will be for new owners to come in. But I can't see that happening either.
All the time there's some money to be milked, the Oystons will hang around.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here