Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackpool's Pitch

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
the school football pitch that we use for our sunday football, which has tons of molehills on it, is in better condition than that excuse for a pitch.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Do the league set any standards? i.e. does there need to be a single visible blade of grass on the pitch? Because I couldn't see one. Awful and is surely as bad for them as visiting teams.

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
Think we need picture from the beginning of the season to now for all clubs in championship. Some clubs would be ashamed.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I thought much the same when I saw Huddersfield's pitch on tv last week. At least they've got the egg-chasers as an excuse.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
photo-12.jpg

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
They were saying on BBC Sussex per match that ours was looking a bit bare in patches, although it seemed to be fine. One big problem is that grass won't grow in this weather. Fortunately the club spends an absolute fortune on trying to ensure the playing surface is top quality. No doubt one of the reasons we get an England U21 match, whereas Blackpool never will.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Watched the football league highlights and just could not believe the state of the pitch at Blackpool.

Surely there must be some sort of monitoring to ensure pitches at this level reach a certain standard. I've seen non-league pitches that put Blackpool's to shame.

danish seagull

Apr 16, 2012
København
They were saying on BBC Sussex per match that ours was looking a bit bare in patches, although it seemed to be fine. One big problem is that grass won't grow in this weather. Fortunately the club spends an absolute fortune on trying to ensure the playing surface is top quality. No doubt one of the reasons we get an England U21 match, whereas Blackpool never will.

Don't we use them big heat lamp things to try to encourage the grass to at least grow a little? Bet nothing of the sort is at Bloomfield road though lol

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Blackpool's pitch and 'boro's empty stadium were my 2 takeaways while fast forwarding to our highlights.

How much money do Boro lose on a game day?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
there really is no excuse for their pitch to be that bad - it was like a throwback to the seventies :(
the technology is so advanced these days but it needs a club to invest a relatively modest amount which clearly they dont/wont. You can see why they have lost two managers this season.
If they did get promoted again I wonder if they would be made to re-lay the pitch starting with the sub-strata?
It's a ground I have never been to but guessing the stands are also pretty poor?

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Did notice the Amex pitch had quite a few 'bald patches' down around the half way line in front of the West Stand. Blackpool's is horrendous though, really should be some sort of regulations to try and ensure clubs have to provide a certain standard of pitch at this level. No idea how that'd work but something should be done

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
BBC said 15,000 at Riverside. Looked more like 1,500. That's disgraceful given their league position and history.

The Riverside Stadium is a football stadium in Middlesbrough, England, which has been the home of Middlesbrough F.C. since it opened in 1995. Its current capacity is 34,988

Every other seat filled?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Blackpool may as well play their home games down on the beach. It'd save all the effort & expense of turning their pitch into the same; & the Donkeys could earn a few quid to boot. Job's a good 'un. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here