Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackpool v Brighton.......the resorts

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Blackpool has a sea front served by trams against the clogged up front here were traffic is usually gridlocked or moving at about 10mph with too few (& expensive) parking spaces. 3 piers and a Tower to 1 pier (& a ruin) and the new doughnut. Sand against pebble. An amusement park against ?
However gravy on your chips and mushy peas in Blackpool

Whatever Blackpool has it is of course totally trumped by the Amex

Typical highlights from the Blackpool Comedy pavement

DSCN1015.JPG

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Blackpool has a sea front served by trams against the clogged up front here were traffic is usually gridlocked or moving at about 10mph with too few (& expensive) parking spaces. 3 piers and a Tower to 1 pier (& a ruin) and the new doughnut. Sand against pebble. An amusement park against ?
However gravy on your chips and mushy peas in Blackpool

Whatever Blackpool has it is of course totally trumped by the Amex

Typical highlights from the Blackpool Comedy pavement

View attachment 77203

Awful newspaper, there's not even a picture of the sausage FFS!

MF'84

A load of Bolanos
Jul 26, 2012
Derbyshire
For the past 14-or-so years I've lived pretty much equidistant to both places; I'm back in Brighton atleast 4/5 times a year and in that same time I've been to Blackpool once - about 14-or-so years ago as it happens... that's all you need to know :thumbsup:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Its a shit article and I'd wager the bellend who wrote it hasn't been to Blackpool or Brighton. I've been to Blackpool a couple of times and its actually quite a laugh as long as you are prepared to take it as it is and not expect too much in terms of culture, you can eat and drink there cheaply and its a stone's throw from some beautiful countryside. As someone else has pointed out, I fail to see the comparison between the 2 towns other than they are by the sea and begin with B, its lazy stereotypical journalism.

Brighton for all its good points can be a godawful place as bad as any at times with its increasing population of DFL's infecting us with their poncey oh so right-on ways and the associated shops and businesses that cater for the beardy hipster set and their tattooed moody ironic girlfriends. On the flip side you have the grim disaster of a Friday or Saturday night in the town centre and the stumbling drunken stags and hens interspersed with the hundreds of homeless smack heads and alcoholics scuttling about the dark corners and the feral gangs of Croydon drug dealers staking out their territory on the Lower esplanade and Kings Road. Brighton can be as shitty a shithole as anywhere but in between the extremes of wankiness is a place I love and I wouldn't live anywhere else.

Agree 100% with this.Article is total gash.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here