Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackpool v Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Left Back

Jan 22, 2011
we're the width of a gnats chaff from a play off place and the table is tighter than a gnat's chaff too ... This is gonna be a bloody exciting climax to the season .... I don't understand why anyone is moaning, I can't wait until tuesday. Whatever happens this is one hell of a ride.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
How much of your Albion life has been spent counting points till safety, and watching us get measured for The Drop? Count those up against the promotion seasons.
This , more used to working out potential points for survival or what other teams above us might drop. Even during the good times we would f*** it up at the wrong time.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
....we can still get results against Boro, Brum, The 'ammers and Royals...

And that ain't going to be easy! But it's so tight in the push for the play-offs - if you assume the top three are guaranteed at least a play-off place, that leaves six teams fighting for three places.....currently separated by TWO POINTS!

This time tomorrow Cardiff (9th.) could be 4th, if they take advantage of a winnable home match against Burnley..and we'll be ninth, even though we were fourth briefly earlier this afternoon! Maybe one or two of the six will drop out, but I can see the play-offs being decided on the last day of the season.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Gus summed it up well - we didn't deserve anything from the game- we were not good enough and made bad decisions and lots of players didn't perform well.

May see a few changes for Tuesday then I guess.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Imo this was the most difficult game in our run in so not surprised.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yep..reality check....we do struggle a bit against top teams which makes u think we aren't quite hardened enough yet for a promotion challenge?
We were down to 10 men. When SCC were down to 10 against us, we didn't struggle. We've drawn away to Birmingham and Hull, beaten Cardiff away, drawn at home. All teams should do worse against the top sides, that's why they're the top sides.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
You can't win Anything with Youngsters

Gus summed it up well - we didn't deserve anything from the game- we were not good enough and made bad decisions and lots of players didn't perform well.

May see a few changes for Tuesday then I guess.

Maybe we need a couple more experienced players in the team (with Greer, El Abd, Navarro and Vicente) who tend to be more consistent.

Constantly bad sometimes, some journeymen.

I had no idea how we would get on against Blackpool. They have players with more experience. But so do most teams.

It is frustrating watching the Albion as everything goes OK one week and then the opposition stop us the following week.

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Barnes has started the last 12 games in a row, why make him only 60% chance of starting today?

To my mind Vicente has (best to) to play with a winger like Buckley or Kazenga to get most advantage of his forward runs. So this means either Macca (40%)or Barnes (60%) plays. But in the event both of them played. It was all working at first.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Not for the first or last time a good day out runnier by 90 minutes of football, still in the light of recent events it is immaterial - Tony and his mob are in the next carriage from us

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here