Blackpool pitch

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
Just seen parts of the FLS and I have to say Blackpool's pitch is by no exaggeration worse than some Sunday league pitches. Is there not some ruling against this and haven't teams been fined deducted points for it before?

Glad we've already played them!

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
And they haven't even got the excuse that Rugby's played on it :jester:

Our pitch is like a carpet compared to theirs!

I just about remember the Goldstone days, and our pitches have mostly been pretty good since that time, so big respect to our groundsmen for producing fabulous playing surfaces :bowdown:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I mentioned this on another thread but could a club make their pitch poor to improve their chances when playing against a good footballing side and then flatten it again of rthe next match ass they have 14 days between use on most occasions and there was a lot of criticism about Hillsborough pitch yesterday.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
I remember watching VIlla head up there when Blackpool was in the prem and the pitch was dire...... Clearly not got any better

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I mentioned this on another thread but could a club make their pitch poor to improve their chances when playing against a good footballing side and then flatten it again of rthe next match ass they have 14 days between use on most occasions and there was a lot of criticism about Hillsborough pitch yesterday.

It gave Sheffield Wednesday :lolol: an advantage yesterday because they prefer to play hoofball rather than keep it on the ground all the time.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Just seen parts of the FLS and I have to say Blackpool's pitch is by no exaggeration worse than some Sunday league pitches. Is there not some ruling against this and haven't teams been fined deducted points for it before?

Glad we've already played them!

That's what comes of letting the donkeys on there once the summer season finishes.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
It gave Sheffield Wednesday :lolol: an advantage yesterday because they prefer to play hoofball rather than keep it on the ground all the time.

The pitch at Hillsborough was poor, bare in many places and bounce like a tennis ball. I haven't seen a grassless sanded six yard box like that at the Leppings Lane end for many years. Just like the rest of the ground it was a real throwback to the '70s/'80s.

Didn't notice the pitch getting a watering before kick off so was maybe a ploy to deter our ball on the deck style. Plus PIG seemed to have problems with his footing in both penalty boxes.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
There was a lower league one on the FL show last night with a sanded goal area, nice throwback to bygone days!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports