Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackpool have announced the signing of former Brighton midfielder Andrea Orlandi.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Take any play-off game.

I don't think he was alone there and I feel thats slightly harsh on a player who offered so much for us.

For me he Stood out in severak games the Newcastle game being one and topped it off with a great finish, he was one player who I believed would stay in the team if we had gone up.

For me I feel I think the club see his injuries causing more problems in the future and didnt see the value in keeping a half fit midfielder on the bench, they obviously had plans to replace him with Clayton and that hasnt paid off, so in hindsight maybe we should have kept him, but I dont believe he was released because of his ability.

Unfortunatly for him I don't think he has gone to a club where he will florish and the pitch at bloomfield road is really going to impact his ability to stay fit.

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
I think under the circumstance. Not really.

Under what circumstances? A player who didn't start much or produce on a consistent basis was released to free up funds for players who potentially might start. Our midfield is pretty much the same as the end of last season and he couldn't break into the team then. Hardly "screwing the fans over".

To be honest I don't know why you bother either. If you get this frantic over a squad player leaving then god knows what you were like when Murray left for Palace or when we sold Zamora for half of what Everton supposedly offered us.

If you fancied him I understand that. He was a good looking guy, in excellent physical shape, earning a decent living and clearly a family man. What isn't to like? However I feel it's not in the club's best interest to keep players around because they're sexy. Look at poor old Pete.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
He is a very good player at this level.
However last year he was one of our top earners and played 7 games.
This money can be better spent elsewhere.
The fact the only team to have taken a punt is Blackpool says a lot.
I wish him all the best though bar playing the albion.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
This news actually pisses me off. Lost this guy and get linked with a couple of nobodies. Dunno why I bother sometimes. One Club. One Ambition = Screw the fans over.

a7yza2aq.jpg

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
I really don't quite get the hero worship from some on here for Orlandi.

He had some decent games for us, popped in a handful of goals, but he was so injury-prone and never a consistant performer by any means. He stank the place out last season, often disappeared from games, and frankly I'd have been pretty underwhelmed if he'd got another deal here.

I gather he's a really nice guy though, so I guess that counts for a lot.

This. He was an apaling waste of space and passenger in the team at the end of last season.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I don't think he was alone there and I feel thats slightly harsh on a player who offered so much for us.

Yes - you may be right. But we need players who will stand up to the big occasion. He was not the only one, however he was more noticeable as he was to provide the class that would create the chances.

A good man mind you.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
From having 7 players signed on 3 weeks ago Blackpool now have a squad of 20 full time proffesionals on their books all bar 1 picked up on free transfers ,a gamble to assemble a squad in such haste yes but some pretty usefull performers in their as well , good luck to them and good luck to Orlandi who on his day was class for us .

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Eleven assists in one season: it must be a record!

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place

He had some decent games for us, popped in a handful of goals, but he was so injury-prone and never a consistant performer by any means. He stank the place out last season, often disappeared from games, and frankly I'd have been pretty underwhelmed if he'd got another deal here.

Completely agree. Complete waste of space at the end of last season. Will always be remembered for the first goal away at Middlesbrough which I "tipped" at 18/1 !

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
When not at his best one could say he

a) had insufficient pace to play wide
b) insufficient strength to play central
c) insufficient goal threat to play just behind the main striker.

He had decent control though and could play a good pass.

One could see why the club decided not to offer a new contract. He is not now good or reliable enough for club with top half/play off aspirations.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
In my opinion, when he was fit and playfing regularly, he was one of our very best. Having said that, with our what seems very limited budget and his injury problems, I accept that he is probably a luxury we can't afford and I genuinely wish him all the best.

MarioOrlandi

Jun 4, 2013
From having 7 players signed on 3 weeks ago Blackpool now have a squad of 20 full time proffesionals on their books all bar 1 picked up on free transfers ,a gamble to assemble a squad in such haste yes but some pretty usefull performers in their as well , good luck to them and good luck to Orlandi who on his day was class for us .
Seem to remember C'diff did this a couple of seasons ago

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
If Andrea goes on to have an injury free season and scores 30 goals and gets the Tangerines promoted, a la Murray, then I will curse the club...if he gets injured every third game and fluffs a bunch of sitters THEN I will think the club can assess a players ability and potential accurately.

I am pretty sure which one it'll be.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

By Christ, he's good looking though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here