Blackpool fans get 1,800 tickets

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
How many do Blackpool nornally take away? I'd love to see that away end full.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
They only had 12,800 for this weekend's game. Although they do travel well, I can't them having a big turn out because they're just not a very big club. 1,500 absolute max, but 1,200-1,400 most likely IMO.

I bet the gate will be just about 20,000.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Interesting that the Blackpool websire says "an initial 1800 tickets" So actually that business as usual. initial allocation to doncaster was 1800. Means that they don't have to buy all the tickets off BHA in one purchase and then return unsold ones

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Although I'm sure there was a Blackpool fan on here recently who was confident they would sell the whole away end. Easier said than done. Agree with porkypie, eighteen hundred would be a really good effort.

To be fair, it's not even on general sale for them yet. Today members have been able to buy, but until now, it was STH's only, and even then it was staggered according to how long the ST had been held.

I seem to recall a Blackpool fan on here last week telling us that they had already sold 400 and it had only been offered to those who had had a ST for 5 years +

I really hope they need the extra too, as 1800 means no split for us.

Surely Peterborough won't want more than 1250, and we can at last split the south and get 20k+ Albion fans in the Amex for the 1st time?

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
According to their forum, they have sold over 700 so far.

With the game only 5 days away that doesn't actually sound very many. If I was going to Blackpool this coming Saturday I would want my ticket/transport/hotel etc sorted by now.

I thought by the couple of Blackpool fans on here a couple of weeks ago, that they would sell out the whole end.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'm sure the club made a big song and dance about rolling partitions so that spare away tickets could be given to home. So what's the cut off?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Don't really understand this - if they ask for 1,800 and the shortfall for the away end doesn't allow for segregation why not just allocate them the entire end? Why the need for a figure?

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
That website is so bright orange it hurts my eyes!

I'm sure the club made a big song and dance about rolling partitions so that spare away tickets could be given to home. So what's the cut off?

I asked this question a few weeks ago.

The answer was either 1000 or 1250. The extra 250 could be for either us or the away team as there was some discretion as to where the dividing tarpooling goes. There would also be 250 seats lost in the divide.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven

Maybe we should sell the tickets in the home end before we try & get unsold tickets in the away end.

There was plenty of empty seats in the east stand at the doncaster game

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Maybe we should sell the tickets in the home end before we try & get unsold tickets in the away end.

There was plenty of empty seats in the east stand at the doncaster game

Those empty seats at the Donny game in the East Stand would have been STHs not turning up for whatever reason , the matchday tickets in the WSL and East sold out after 2 days of being on sale. According to the official website there are no more tickets available for Albion fans for the Blackpool game , the South Stand can only be partitioned if less than 1,250 away fans purchase tickets as a shutter barrier will be used rather than tarpauling or netting.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
One of their forums says they are closing in on around 900 sold. They will need to shift another 500 or 600 over the next three days or their away following will be smaller than Donny.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
One of their forums says they are closing in on around 900 sold. They will need to shift another 500 or 600 over the next three days or their away following will be smaller than Donny.

if they get a win tomorrow and go 3 ut of 3, then I think they will sell a few more, but around 1100 for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports