Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackburns corner kick, or was it...

raz_18

Thomas Parrott
Jan 26, 2010
Chelmsford, Essex
Not sure if anyone else saw it on MOTD, Pederson just dribbled it from the corner and crossed it in, but no other player had touched it before, very odd.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
oh dear

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
The plan was for Yakubu to glance the ball and walk off before leaving it for Pedersen to dribble towards goal.

raz_18

Thomas Parrott
Jan 26, 2010
Chelmsford, Essex
Yeah when i first saw it i was thinkin why haven't we tried this one?! Was a great idea but then Yakubu missed the ball :drama:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
More shocking officialdom.

Yes I know its a "hard job" blahblah, but f*** me, when you see some of the WTF ?? moments from refs in todays games. Just abysmal.

Broady

Apr 17, 2011
Brendan Rodgers seems like a class bloke.

"I tell them to pass and play that way so blame me not the player"

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
For me i thought Caldwell was pushed from behind and Wigan given a free-kick or goal-kick,and as for the corner,quality refeering !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I seem to remember a team being called back for carrying out such a corner in correct fashion, due to it being unsporting. Definitely in the Premier League and perhaps last season.

They just showed it on Goals on Sunday.
It was Man U v Chelsea a couple of years ago. Rooney put the ball down in the corner and casually "brushed" it out with his foot and trotted over to the penalty area. Giggs then ran over, dribbled it and crossed for Ronaldo to score, linesman flagged and got it (incorrectly) chalked off.

Clever, but unsporting. They won 3-0 anyway.

Also Paul Robinson running up from the corner in the last minute to win a penalty, great game!

But it shouldn't have been a penalty. It wasn't a foul, it was dangerous kicking. Correct decision is an indirect free kick.

And following a corner the ball has to travel a distance equal to its own circumference after being taken before it is in play.

At least, thems was the rules when I was a ref, but they may have changed.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
And following a corner the ball has to travel a distance equal to its own circumference after being taken before it is in play.

I think it used to be half the circumference, but has now been changed to just moving.

Oct 25, 2003
They just showed it on Goals on Sunday.
It was Man U v Chelsea a couple of years ago. Rooney put the ball down in the corner and casually "brushed" it out with his foot and trotted over to the penalty area. Giggs then ran over, dribbled it and crossed for Ronaldo to score, linesman flagged and got it (incorrectly) chalked off.

Clever, but unsporting. They won 3-0 anyway.

correct, they also scored from the resulting retaken corner anyway!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here