Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackburn V Derby.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
If we had lost to hull & Ipswich we would only have 22pts

Hull would have 25 & Ipswich would have 19 points reguardless of the extra points those teams may of gained with the extra confidence those victories may have given them.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I don't like being a miserable downbeat git, but I am.

3 or 4 of the teams we haven't played yet do the league double on us and we'll struggle to make the playoffs.

Would still be a better season than most would have predicted if we finish in the top 10.

Oh well.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
It's like a snowball effect.

The confidence of being top of the league & being unbeaten probably gave us the belief that we could go on & win at Leeds
In the dying minuetes rather than settling for a point which we may well have done in the past & increasing the chance of us actually losing the game.
The win at Leeds probably gave us the belief that although we were well below par against Bristol City that we could not only get a point but go on & win the game.

And so it goes on.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Birmingham are currently 2nd but their upcoming games against Hull & Wolves will be tough. They also have a nightmare finish to the season playing 5 of the current top 8 in their last 7 games.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
That is a very good point, I think when we demolished the division with Poyet wasn't it around September when we went top and Sandaza scored a late winner and we never gave that up but Carlisle at home and that amazing Bridcutt volley where it was etched in time there was no turning back we really were the real deal.

Can't remember when that Carlisle @ home game was though
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/9407629.stm

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Agree with that. There was a link on a thread today to the Derby forum, where some of their posters were saying we've not played many teams near the top. In some sense that is true, but when we playsed Ipswitch they were top and Hull were second.

Also, they should look at who they have played. They've played a lot of teams at the bottom of the league and their results against them haven't been that impressive. A lot of games are decided by the odd goal, and it's how teams do in tight games which affects the final position more than the odd game when you trounce someone.

If we get 3 points on Saturday - 31 from 13 games. Leaves 44 to get to the playoffs from 33 games (assuming that 75 makes the playoffs as a guess). Not too shabby a start.

Derby are just pissed off that they spunked the chance to go up the season before last. They were easily the best team to NOT win promotion that I can recall. Remember how far ahead of us they were then in terms of quality. That's not true now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here